CNR La Tuque Sub & Grand Nord
Hi everybody!

I would like to present my HO layout , the CNR La Tuque Sub. & Grand Nord. I intend to join a lot of photos, plans in a near future.

Here you will find rough info about my layout:
Size: 16,5 x 27
Trackage: Peco code 100, peco switches (73 on layout, 15 in staging)
Style: around the wall with central peninsula. Point to point with two staging yards. (Quebec and Abitibi/ Cochrane)
Control: DCC (North Coast) walkaround All locos with sound equipped Decoders,
Era: November 1950
Operation mode: Train order / time table
Locale: St.Maurice region and Lower Laurentian hills between Quebec and Shawinigan.
Based on the prototype. Layout is a succession of Layout Design Elements, depicting the National Transcontinental Railway Line (NTR), between Cap-Rouge (beginning of La Tuque Sub. near Quebec City) , and Fitzpatrick subdivision Station, near La Tuque. a town located 125 miles from Quebec City. Old NTR was merged with CNR in 1923. The LA Tuque Sub. is a part of the "direct line" from Quebec City and Maritimes towards Winnipeg and Western Canada.

My layout includes also a short bypass between Shawinigan area (Garneau Yard) and an unknown junction called St.Prosper on the La Tuque Sub. This line was known as "Le grand Nord" (Great Northern Railway of Canada) circa 1909. This line was merged to CNR in 1923.

LDE scenes are on the La Tuque Sub. : Donnacona Paper Mill, Lachevrotière crossing, St-Marc-des-Carrières, St-Anne River bridge, St-Prosper (junction with former Grand Nord), Hervey Jonction (not "Junction". It was spelled in the french way!) This junction is the heart of the layout somewhere . Hervey was and is always a huge junction with trackage coming from Quebec, Montreal, LAc St-Jean and Abitibi /northern Ontario / West), then Milieu River Trestle, Doheny logging Camp, town of LA Tuque, and finally Fitzpatrick Yard.

LDE scenes on Grand Nord are: Garneau Yard (A remote Shawinigan suburb), St-Stanislas Station, and then, joining St-Prosper (junction with LA Tuque Sub).

Your comments are welcome!

Yvan
Sounds cool Yvan. I'll be pleased to see photos and track plan when you get the chance, especially of the paper mill!

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Looks interesting

Any update?
I've seen pictures of Yvan layout a few years ago. I'm not sure he will post them since his last visit is from 2012. That said, he really did a great job to catch the feeling of this particular subdivision. Most location are immediatly recognizable on the spot. Hope he will post them.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/