woolacombe layout at 7/8 th scale
After modelling 2 layouts at gn15 scale (maple shack and vulcan iron works) I switch to 7/8 th scale (or 1/12 scale, doll house scale). It's a fictional layout for fisherman located at woolacombe (north devon, uk). The size is 140 cm by 72.5 cm plus a fiddle yard not shows). The base is an hollow core door plus pink foam on it and a little plaster.

I made some progress during september : I rust the rail, put 2 layers of sand and I begin to add few plants.

[Image: IMG_0825.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0823.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0821.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0822.JPG]
Looks like on one of the dutch or german islands in the North Sea.

And I like it.
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
I agree, the beach and plants from atlantic see (in France, UK, dutch) and those from baltic states also look like equivalent. For the german one, I don't know.
Found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Woolac...each_1.jpg

Nicely done, on the vegetation !! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Pete
AArghhhh, I do so miss my salt water! Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I'm especially impressed by the rugged wood retaining wall with the rusting plates. Thumbsup
Ralph Wrote:I'm especially impressed by the rugged wood retaining wall with the rusting plates. Thumbsup

Cheers

The wood has the true look of wood aged by sunlight in a salt environment. The color, if you will, of "driftwood".
Don't see much of that here in the Midwest ! Sad
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
The plants grow quickly ... and now seem more natural

[Image: IMG_0844.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0841.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0842.jpg]
Very nice modeled and nice pictures also. I'm looking forward what will follow!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
This is the crab shack for selling the crabs and fish. I will need to do a little weathering on the roof, add the logo, fisherman and accessories

[Image: photo-2_zpsecf05c71.jpg]

[Image: photo-3_zps06839227.jpg]
and the photo of a partialy finished loco

[Image: IMG_0943_zpsdfcea6e9.jpg]
That is amazing. The little engine, the unusual scenery and I think you have far above average skills in photography. Your photos have a touch of artwork.
Reinhard
When I will have finish the loco, wagons and the layout I will took outside photos with a reflex camera. For the moment the quality of photo is poor because it's an indoor one with an Iphone.
I just finish today this boat wagon according a true one one narrow gauge. I have to add two ropes in order to avoid unwanted disembarkation.

[Image: IMG_1030_zps86b5c464.jpg]

The crab shack is also now open !

[Image: IMG_1029_zps69208434.jpg]

I will add also a net fishing in the hands of the fisherman

[Image: IMG_1027_zps5dfb80e9.jpg]
In that scale, that boat has to be between 15, and 18 inches in actual length !?! ( maybe even longer )
I would think, a boat like that would have "cradles" fore and aft to keep it from rolling sideways off the cart. That would make for better stability than "ropes". I have to admit that I don't have any idea what the local waterman's custom would be, and that it is possible that I am completely wrong. It's just that I've only ever seen cradles, supporting a boat that is being transported on a cart, or trailer, or rail car.
Good looking lap strake construction, nice lines. A good, sturdy, and, I would think easy rowing, boat.
Big Grin I'm still trying to wrap my brain around that 'modeling scale' :o :o
Here find tree true narrow gauge wagons. My wagon is based on the first one.

[Image: 1548565015_71fbf07708_b_zpsd7698781.jpg]

[Image: blog-dsc_15080-chariot-chantier-naval-bo...75db97.jpg]

[Image: blog-dsc_3066_pinasse-en-chantier-vieux-...5f073a.jpg]