"Hammerhead" RS-3 Conversion, in HO Scale.
For anyone considering ordering a Hammerhead here, this has been my experience: I contacted John via PM, and we established a price for postage plus the casting. John wanted a Postal Money Order for the amount rather than a check, saying that his bank wouldn't accept a check. Well, OK. A PMO of course meant a special trip to the post office, and it cost a 10% surcharge, but OK, the whole thing seemed reasonable enough. I sent him the PMO on October 23 and asked him to confirm when it got to him. He said he would, and then when he got it he'd let me know and let me know when he shipped the casting. Well, OK, but I was sort of hoping that if the PMO got to him, the casting would go right out. So far, I haven't had a confirmation that the PMO reached him. He's in New Hampshire, which wasn't too badly hit by Sandy, and his profile says he was last on the forum here on November 3, so I'm assuming he's at least got power, is on line, and is doing OK. He certainly hasn't checked in anywhere here with any other status.

Anyhow, on October 31 I sent him a PM reminding him he'd said he'd let me know when he got the PMO and when he'd ship. As of right now, I've had no reply, although he's read my PM.

I'd had the impression from his post here that the castings were ready to ship, and apparently they aren't. I also figured that since he wanted a PMO, he wouldn't need to wait for a check to clear, and he'd ship out right away. Apparently not, but even though I've followed up, I haven't had any explanation.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone send him any money, at least until my problem is resolved. John, I'm looking forward to receiving that casting via priority mail real soon. Thanks!
John,
I'm sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. I had some rather bad issues with Hurricane Sandy, (I lost my computer for a time) and then my regular job had myself and a few other employees staying on the New Hampshire Seacoast, in the ruins of taming some of the damages as I work for the New Hampshire Liquor commission, that had power failures and such I just came home a few days ago and had to get my home system repaired due to power failure at home from the last snow storm we had and it had ruined my power supply....

Your casted parts, they aren't casted and awaiting, they are casted as purchased, as that keeps costs down for me, and for those that are customers. Just as 90% of the rest of detail part companies, do! Which, I thought I had mentioned to you that as we talked it over through PM's.

Please see your PM's as one was sent to you just before this posting!
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"