Bachmann GE 70 tons switcher
What about A TCS keep alive decder for one of these????? Will it help mine runs Bad!!!
kamerad47 Wrote:What about A TCS keep alive decder for one of these????? Will it help mine runs Bad!!!
I am afraid it will not help. I use top notch ZIMO decoders (MX630) in six units and ESU Lokpilot in two units. It makes no difference. It is a pure mechanical problem of the drive.

I suggest you disassemble the engine and both trucks and assemble it very carefully. Do not tighten the two screws in the trucks to much. The trucks should run free on the table. That helps in some cases to reduce, but not eliminate, the noise.
Reinhard
The M&ET 613 got a new home at the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum in August 2011. The crew of the museum did the transportation and shot a photo after the engine has been back on the rails.
The photo is very interesting because it demonstrates how hugo a small engine is compared to humans.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...1381_n.jpg

ps. I did run my engines all weekend and got somewhat used to the noise. However it is great fun to switch with them Big Grin
pps. The photo is from the Facebook page of the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum
Reinhard
One thing thing missing is the lamp at the cab end. I do not need any lamps at the hood end. They are always coupled in pairs and the front lamp is never used.
The old PCB is cut left to the mounting holes, a trace at the underside is cut to isolate the rear LED unit, mounted with a shortened screw and and the yellow and blue wires (there is + sign close to the LED, that side goes the blue wire) are used to connect the LED at the bottom with a 1kOhm resistor.
It goes as easy as it looks Smile

Have to do it eight times now..... (today is a public holiday in some states of Germany providing the necessary time)

[Image: file-28.jpg?t=1351761543]
Reinhard