Dangit i HATE it when this happens....
Man i hate it when this happens Wallbang Wallbang

Okay, if you love steel mills, this guys work is a MUST see, even if you are not a steel mill modeler, this is a MUST see!! Your jaw will hit the floor, i guarantee it Eek

http://www.zahkunst.net/mainpage.htm

This guy does the most amazing, incredible, beautiful, and amazing work i have ever seen in my entire life! His stuff had to cost thousands and thousands of dollars to build. The site is a little hard to navigate, but once you get the hang of it and figure it out, you will see more and more of his work as he explains what he uses to make the buildings. To give you a idea of how much stuff he has, he has 10 yes count them 10 BLAST FURNACES on Blast Furnace Row Eek Eek Eek

In the link above, You are on the main page of the site i think, or the home page. At the very top, click the link that says "1:160 model". After looking at the preview pics and the trackplan on that page, click the tab titled "Blast Furnace Blog Page" at the top in the scroll menu. To go to the next page, click the Blast Furnace Row + Support tab to see the rest of his work,. After your done with that page click the one next to it called Power Generation + Support and so on.....

This guy does fantastic work!! All is N scale but he uses HO and N buildings.

Check it out if you have not seen it already, its truly amazing work he does Eek

Thanks to this guy, i want to re-design my steel mill plan for my future modeling in the steel industry Wallbang
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I used that guys work ALOT when designing my future steel mill layout.his work is amazing,i think dean freytag has a run for his money!but overall its the most realistic and "scale" (as in the size of everything relative to space) steel mill i've ever seen.i was just messin around on Xtrk designing my "never in a million years gonna happen layout Big Grin " and his steel mill was the basis for mine,only in my dream the mill section was 40ft by 22ft 35 Misngth .yup,there are some modelers that i think will never be topped.--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
and on a side note,i think thats supposed to be bethlehem steel,i didnt look all that deep into his pics.--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
I have seen that before and it is amazing. The whole site is fantastic and I would suggest it for anyone wanting to build a layout dedicated to a Steel Mill. The prototype info is super. I would suggest a read of that first and then go to the model. You won't believe how he pulls it all together.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jmarksbery@aol.com">jmarksbery@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
Just came across that site yesterday. Impressive work he's done.
Bigsteel Wrote:I used that guys work ALOT when designing my future steel mill layout.his work is amazing,i think dean freytag has a run for his money!but overall its the most realistic and "scale" (as in the size of everything relative to space) steel mill i've ever seen.i was just messin around on Xtrk designing my "never in a million years gonna happen layout Big Grin " and his steel mill was the basis for mine,only in my dream the mill section was 40ft by 22ft 35 Misngth .yup,there are some modelers that i think will never be topped.--josh

Dean's layout is one big steel mill.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Bigsteel Wrote:I used that guys work ALOT when designing my future steel mill layout.his work is amazing,i think dean freytag has a run for his money!but overall its the most realistic and "scale" (as in the size of everything relative to space) steel mill i've ever seen.i was just messin around on Xtrk designing my "never in a million years gonna happen layout Big Grin " and his steel mill was the basis for mine,only in my dream the mill section was 40ft by 22ft 35 Misngth .yup,there are some modelers that i think will never be topped.--josh

You got that right, his work is absolutely amazing, the detail in his work is fantastic, and where in the heck did he get the money to do something like this, i mean he uses SO MANY kits and parts and pieces from Walthers, Plastruct, Gold Metal Models, and Evergreen..... Thats gotta be HUGE bucks for all that stuff, and im curious how he affords all of it lol

Dean Freytag and this guy are the best modelers of the steel industry in my opinion lol

40'x22' mill section!! holy cow man, that would be sweet!! Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
jmarksbery Wrote:I have seen that before and it is amazing. The whole site is fantastic and I would suggest it for anyone wanting to build a layout dedicated to a Steel Mill. The prototype info is super. I would suggest a read of that first and then go to the model. You won't believe how he pulls it all together.

You got that right Jim, he gives excellent prototype information and the way that he builds off of pictures from the real things is absolutely amazing!

nolatron Wrote:Just came across that site yesterday. Impressive work he's done.

Shaun the diagram i just posted in your compact steel thread was from his site Misngth Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Brakie Wrote:Dean's layout is one big steel mill.

This reminds me, i need to get my hands on Deans Steel Mill Book Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
He has a blog on live journal and I have been following his progress for roughly the past year or so. It truly is some amazing work!

- Dan
Dan85 Wrote:He has a blog on live journal and I have been following his progress for roughly the past year or so. It truly is some amazing work!

- Dan

Dan you got that right!!

He sent me an e-mail after he saw my post on the yahoo STEEL group when i linked to his website, he offered to help me in any way he could Misngth so i sent him an e-mail and asked a few questions hehehe Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
What a great resource for pictures of modeling the steel industry. I'll be checking back on these when I make improvements to my steel complex. Thanks for the link!
Ralph
Wish I had a reason for a steel mill.
Guess thats the disadvantage of modleing New England.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.