Trainroom Cleanup
I finally did an early Spring Cleaning and neatened , straightened , and cleaned up the trainroom/ workshop . I'm one of those guys that picks up a tool over HERE , uses it , lays the tool down over THERE . After doing this a few hundred times ....it's a mess . Then you have an excuse not to do something ....then , then . Nope What used to take 1 day now takes about three ....funny about that , maybe I'm getting old !

The mini O scale layout , 1st pic ( that is not finished :oops: ) is on casters now to make things easier ......the HO mini 2nd pic is not on casters but i'm thinkin' about it .

This should make it more enjoyable to GET GOING ON STUFF .........that is until I take this tool from here and put it over there , AGAIN !!

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Good going Teejay
I did a little organizing too yesterday and it was a big help. I leave my tool where I am using them and that would not create a problem except I forget what I'm doing and go to another project, only to find that the tools I need are only going to be found where I was working with them last Icon_lol
When I remember where they are and go to get them, I start on that project again and forget what I was going to do.

Now I know I am losing my mind I do make an effort to put things where they belong.
Charlie
T,

I am glad I am not the only one with that disease "damnwheredidiputit". I have had a few times where I had maybe an hour to work in the train room, and I spend 50 minutes of the time looking for that one thing i put down...

On my to do list for this weekend is get otragnized, and get a plan for my next set of projects.
I also suffer from "Olookitsshinny" where I get started on one project and forget to finish it because I get distracted by a new project...
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
I'm just as guilty guys ....and King of the Shelf Orphans as it were ......tons of unfinished stuff on the shelf .

One thing I need to do is label what's in the 12 plastic tubs ( 21 gallon variety ) that I have stuff stored in . The plastic is opaque so you can't really see what's inside in any detail . If you open tub #1 , your item is in #12 .......if you try to trick the system by opening door # 12 first , it's really back in #1 ....and so on . 357 Thanks goodness I'm not a hoarder . I'd REALLY be a candidate for the funny farm .

T
if the spirit moves me, I may attempt to organize a bit this long weekend......

I Always put tools back where they belong, since i don't want to look for 50 minutes for something I need. My issue is I have the "Look it's Shiny" disease too... I can do 6 things at once and still accomplish NOTHING!!! Eek Goldth Goldth Goldth

My other issue is the 7 bins of various parts that are scattered around the room Nope Nope

I almost can never find what I'm looking for.. Sad The present thorn in my side, is the Dremel tool I bought at the beginning of the Summer. I put it where I'll be able to find it.... You guessed it!! I hid it so good that i CAN'T find it!!!! Shoot Wallbang Wallbang

So, that is my motivation for cleaning, It's a search and recover mission! Smile When found - it will begin "living" on the peg board in plain sight!!!!! Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I wonder if a woman would do a better job of organizing us ........mmm, maybe forget that thought Nope

T
teejay Wrote:I wonder if a woman would do a better job of organizing us ........mmm, maybe forget that thought Nope

T
Eek Eek Eek Eek I can hear "her" now............

Throw that out!! You'll NEVER use that!!!!

I'm NOT doing all this after you're "gone"!!!!!!

If you haven't "seen" it in a year, Toss it!!!!!!

Icon_lol Icon_lol Am I "close"?????? Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Congrats on the clean-up T, now we will see how long it lasts! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I admire your organization. Ironically my train room is a disaster right now as I do a deconstuction/resconstruction project.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ralph, put a bit more sawdust on the floor, spread a half dozen gallon paint cans round, and you'll be closer to mine. As far as finding things, fellas, get used to it; itnever gets better. I look and look, then wifey picks it up directly where i'm looking and hands it to me. It's kind of a regular thing for both of us.

Lynn 35
Whitehouse, Tx
You didn't see my "before" pic , Ralph , Lynn . Goldth

One thing I like is those cheapo verticle , plastic,5 drawer units that are on sale from time to time for around $15 . The bins will hold a lot and they are easily moved around .

T
Ralph, that makes me feel so much better. Thanks for posting that picture. I would be right at home on the step stool drinking coffee.
Charlie
One thing I DON'T have in the train room , on purpose , is a clock Misngth

Y
I wish my train area could be that clean. I seem incapable of keeping it organized. Its clear for about a week, then it fills in with junk again.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Teejay,Unlike most modelers I keep my train room/computer room clean and replace all the tools I used back in my tool box and any paint is returned to the paint storage box.Projects is placed in a small flat kitchen plastic storage box or structure kit box lids..I dust and vacuum the room once a week.

Why so neat?

I hate working in a messy area and I like to keep things organized so I won't loose parts or misplace tools..

Besides if I didn't keep things tidy and put tools away my wife and dad would come out of their graves and get me.. Eek
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!