Freelance 2013
It might be time to think about my layout in 2013...

It changes a lot if I reuse two brick buildings from 2011. Some more green, some shrubs may be a tree and we are far more east and may be better prepared to travel flexible on the time scale too...
Ready for the journey Thumbsup

[Image: file-18.jpg]
[Image: file-19.jpg]
[Image: file.jpg]

ps. Don't worry. Nothing damaged so far. Just take and put of structures. The Walthers freighthouse got some bruises when I separated the front and the rear sides Smile
Reinhard
Looks like that is a fun place to spend time working a yard switcher!
Cheers Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Your layout looks great! I love the four story building -- is it the Walthers Hardware Supply?

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Chuck Wrote:... is it the Walthers Hardware Supply?...
Thank you, yes the building is kit bashed out of two kits.
This is the location it has been built for last winter
[Image: IMG_1480.jpg]
Reinhard
I knew we'd see more of that brick factory!
Reinhard,

I think the modern buildings were good for your layout, however the old stone buildings are looking better yet!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
I never get tired of looking at your work. It pains me to see you rip out but then you replace with it something equally interesting. thanks for sharing the journey every year

Steve
Modleing the Jefferson Branch in HO  on the Southern Pacific
The right rear corner got a weathered building, some details and green ground cover. And we got a tree here!

RR is Conrail (GP15-1 and MP15DC) in the 80th.

[Image: file-2.jpg]
Reinhard
Looks great as always Reinhard! I've admired all of the versions of your layout scenes. Thumbsup
The bricks keep growing at the west end

[Image: file-5.jpg]
[Image: file-4.jpg]
Reinhard
The east end may be a good place for a mill inspired by a prototype in Cleveland (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://goo.gl/maps/XAeae">http://goo.gl/maps/XAeae</a><!-- m -->). The older white buildings act as a placeholder only.
[Image: file-1.jpg]

The old building has been cut to fit, got a darker roof and moved to the center of the layout. It needs more details and weathering at this prominent location.
[Image: file-2.jpg]
Reinhard
If it is all bricks it might be Chicago and I can run my BRC models again Big Grin

[Image: file-6.jpg]
Reinhard
Raw walls and roofs of an upcoming mill complex inspired by a mill in Cleveland OH.

[Image: file-4.jpg]
Reinhard
Looks very well done Thumbsup ....what did you use to "pave" the roadway in and between the track rails ?

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Looks very well done Thumbsup ....what did you use to "pave" the roadway in and between the track rails ?

Terry
Thanks for the kind words. The "pavement" is plain sand. I use the sand sold for birds caches as it is cheep and easy to get. It needs to be sieved to remove the little white rocks for the birds.
Reinhard