Just a bit off topic...
ngauger Wrote:Wow! Never thought that it may have been a VIP Smile

Now - who was in the area yesterday?????

Which direction was it flying? North, South?

upon checking the internet the White House's website, it doesn't make any mention of anyone going anywhere. However, I understand that Obama will be making some sort of visits out to Asia sometime soon.

Marine One goes where where ever the president goes (within reason of course). Even if he took a hypothetical motorcade to New York. It also has to go with him when he goes over seas. My guess is that perhaps the helicopters were on their way to Fort Dix/McGuire to be loaded onto a heavy-lift aircraft (C17, C5 maybe?).

On the other hand, you would think Dover AFB (which maintains C5s and is the home to the Air Mobility Command musuem) would be a better place, since its closer.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
They were heading roughly toward Boeing in PA, but they didn't slow down in time to land, so they had to be heading for NJ.. Glouchester area maybe?? Or Mid Jersey???
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:They were heading roughly toward Boeing in PA, but they didn't slow down in time to land, so they had to be heading for NJ.. Glouchester area maybe?? Or Mid Jersey???

That sounds like a trip to Joint Base Dix/McGuire/Lakehurst. or they could be going to New York.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]