What Browser do you use ?
Don , for what it's worth ,I noticed this about a week to 10 days ago . First there were a number of pictures that didn't show ( red x in corner of pic ) and then some avitars disappeared . I assumed everyone could see that ...maybe not . Were you into the system back then , making changes or whatever ? It's odd that it has affected some but not all .
The disappearing pictures did come back but not the avitars .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Don , for what it's worth ,I noticed this about a week to 10 days ago . First there were a number of pictures that didn't show ( red x in corner of pic ) and then some avitars disappeared . I assumed everyone could see that ...maybe not . Were you into the system back then , making changes or whatever ? It's odd that it has affected some but not all .
The disappearing pictures did come back but not the avitars .

T

We've not made any changes, not on purpose anyway. I'm looking at the settings now to see what could have changed and if I can reset something. So far I've found nothing. I'll keep you all posted, because it is strange. Spoooooky........... :evil:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
But ...you're saying you can see your avitar at your end ? How about Mountainman and Nachman's , can you see them ? The blank avitar has a white frame around it and a small picture of a page with one corner folded .....whatever that means .

T
This is what I was talking about in this thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6152">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6152</a><!-- l -->

I can't see Don's avatar or Mountainman's or Nachoman's either.

I can't seem to find the pic I used for my last avatar so I haven't attempted to upload another for myself yet...will try sometime....
Ralph , I kinda knew what you were getting at but because I don't think Don sees what you and I are seeing , I didn't know what else to do about it .

T
I'm glad you mentioned it. After a while I just started getting used to it. 357
I think we need to call ghost busters !

teejay Wrote:Ralph , I kinda knew what you were getting at but because I don't think Don sees what you and I are seeing , I didn't know what else to do about it .

T

I only have this problem if I log on using IE9. I can't see Ralph's in any case, but there's no box or "user's avatar" that I get with IE9. I've got a bit of time this morning to see what I can find, so hang in there........... please..... Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I wonder if Mountainman and Nachoman use IE9 ?

T
When I view with IE8 only a few avatars are missing, I just tried Firefox and they are all missing, so I am guessing there is a setting in the forum software that is creating the problem and we are all seeing different things. I couldn't find anything in Firefox that would turn them though I have not used Firefox long nor often
Charlie
Thanks, this is all good information, we all appreciate it since it gives us clues where to look.

We are digging a bit deeper since this is not universal. We may have an answer soon. :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK, for those that couldn't see my avatar and ralph's avatar, can you see them now???? Can you see that the one for "duffus" is the same as ralph's?????
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Thanks, this is all good information, we all appreciate it since it gives us clues where to look.

We are digging a bit deeper since this is not universal. We may have an answer soon. :?

Don, you can stop digging. I see your license plate again!
Reinhard
ezdays Wrote:OK, for those that couldn't see my avatar and ralph's avatar, can you see them now???? Can you see that the one for "duffus" is the same as ralph's?????

Yes, I see all three of you
Reinhard
Yes , Don ,you and Ralph are OK , but can't see Nachoman or Mountainman .

T