Anyone have SNOW yet ?
Unfortunately , with my wife's health problems , a "trip" is essentially 3 miles into a nearby town ...no more than that . Atleast we still have our memories of Arizona .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Unfortunately , with my wife's health problems , a "trip" is essentially 3 miles into a nearby town ...no more than that . Atleast we still have our memories of Arizona .

T

Sorry to hear that, I wish her the best on her road to recovery. Thumbsup I know what that's like, being tethered close to home isn't fun sometimes. Memories are good to carry around and can brig smiles for a long time to come. Big Grin Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
65 degrees and sunny yesterday. 27 degrees and snowing today. Welcome to Colorado... 35
Yeah I saw that on the news this morning. My first thought was I hope my fellow co-workers on the Durango and Silverton are having a good time while here in NC our Great Smoky Mountain RR is having to put up with temps in the mid 70's. Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
[Image: 001-27_zpsf6fbe354.jpg]

Current conditions at 6PM in St. Paul, April 18th. Snow is falling steadily.....sigh....
Crazy winter/spring . It FINALLY warmed up around here ....,about 75 today , but lots of unsettled weather , storms , high winds . We seem to win on the one hand and lose on the other . Still , it's not snow , thank goodness .

T
Ralph Wrote:[Image: 001-27_zpsf6fbe354.jpg]

Current conditions at 6PM in St. Paul, April 18th. Snow is falling steadily.....sigh....
Well, at the least, you are not getting what the poor folks in Chicago are getting. We had a beautiful day in east Ohio. Rain to come.
Charlie
May 2 - about 8 inches.

[Image: IMG_6285.JPG]

[Image: IMG_6287.JPG]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Holy cow, I can't believe that. Eek We were at 69 degrees this morning at 6AM, and with nothing but higher temps in sight.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
...and we are directly East of Iowa , 500 miles , and it hit 80 yesterday ...was almosy ready to put the A/C on but didn't .

T
We hit 81 degrees on Monday and 75 on Tuesday. I recall a spring snow back in about 67 but it was only a light dusting and that was in Omaha which is farther south than here.

The branch in the back yard is from the crab apple tree. It broke during the storm and I dragged it ti the back yard. I will cut it up whenever spring finally gets here.

It's supposed to get back up to 70 by next Monday. With the ground as warm as it is, the snow is melting from both the top and the bottom so it won't stick around very long.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Had another snowstorm last night. Sun came out again in the morning and by noon most of it was melted off at our altitude. Still drifts of up to 2.5 feet at my brother-in-law's place higher up.

Just another "normal" springtime in the Rockies. Now you know why narrow gauge railroading was so difficult throughout the Rocky Mountains, when the drifts averaged forty to fifty feet and the high passes did not melt clear until July.