Anyone have SNOW yet ?
34 here in the Mid Atlantic States... We had flurries for about an hour - raining now....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:34 here in the Mid Atlantic States... We had flurries for about an hour - raining now....
Raining? It's still snowing here! Popcornbeer
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Suppose to get 2-3" tonight up here in the Great White Northwest corner of Connecticut.
Right on time for Christmas..
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Good morning and Merry Christmas---we had a light dusting of snow overnight,perfect for a white Christmas---I hope Santa was good to all
scubadude Wrote:They are actually forcasting up to 1'' of snow here in Dallas...if it does snow in Dallas on Xmas, then the Mayans would have been right, just a few days off....
....unbelievable....

Attached Files Image(s)

Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Not much in Toronto (and west of Toronto) YET, but I hear a big winter storm is coming in on Boxing Day (late tomorrow).
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
We're getting hammered pretty good now ....storm tracked up from Ohio ....high winds , some steady snow . I was going to do a little visiting but have decided to stay off the roads . This is supposed to continue into tomorrow so we could have significant snowfall by then . Stay safe everyone ( in the snow area Goldth )
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:We're getting hammered pretty good now ....storm tracked up from Ohio ....high winds , some steady snow . I was going to do a little visiting but have decided to stay off the roads . This is supposed to continue into tomorrow so we could have significant snowfall by then . Stay safe everyone ( in the snow area Goldth )
Well TJ, we have 8 inches and it is still snowing here just south of Youngstown, though it looks like it will end before too long.
You will probably have snow all night unless it really tracks to the east faster. CNnutbar will have some good snow pictures for us tomorrow night.
Charlie
That's a pretty hefty snowfall Charlie ...we're at about 4" now by the looks of it and still snowing . You never know what the "lake effect " will bring as we're on the north side of Lake Erie . I remember years ago Buffalo would really get nailed as the storms would track up Lake Ontario , pick up lots of moisture and dump on poor old Buffalo about 2 feet at a time .
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
TeeJay, Buffalo sits on the east end of Erie, and can be a bad place to be when it snows, but worse yet is Watertown NY.
When I was training to operate a hydro plant there in 1983 it was one of the least snowiest winters they had ever had. I only saw one snow that was 21 inches, the rest were just 2-4, with nothing hanging around long because of warm spells.
The following year between the shop and the office there there was 108 inches at Christmas.
I remember coming home from there for the weekend one Friday and I saw a tiny snow flurry when we hit the east side of Buffalo. My buddy was driving, and he started making fun of me saying I saw a snow flake. 20 minutes later there were 6 inches of "snow flakes" and he didn't think it was so funny any more.
10 miles west of Buffalo it was clear and dry, but we hit it again just east of Erie so we decided to take 79 south instead of going west to Ohio 11 like we usually did.
Charlie
CNnutbar will have some good snow pictures for us tomorrow night.
Charlie[/quote]

You're right about that Charlie---we're getting hammered at the moment---I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow after I finish shovelling :cry: :cry: :cry:
We're getting hammered ourselves. Weatherman said its suppose to change to rain tomorrow.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
cn nutbar Wrote:CNnutbar will have some good snow pictures for us tomorrow night.
Charlie

You're right about that Charlie---we're getting hammered at the moment---I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow after I finish shovelling :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]
I was out with the snow blower during a lull around 3 PM. I got the driveway in good shape, and there is only about 2 inches laying since then because it has been blowing off.
Kevin and I are going to try to make it to MP 44 tomorrow for some pictures. for some odd reason there have been very few trains through here today. We figure they should break loose in the morning.
Charlie
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:We're getting hammered ourselves. Weatherman said its suppose to change to rain tomorrow.
I sure hope if it turns to rain for you it doesn't turn to ice. No one needs an ice storm.
Charlie
Good Morning Everyone---no railfanning for me today,I'll be busy shovelling

[Image: P1150313.jpg]