Anyone have SNOW yet ?
Mike Kieran Wrote:
BR60103 Wrote:We only had to shovel 5 or 6 times. The wall at the side of the driveway is over 3 feet. But the sun melted the last scraps that were on the driveway.

There were reports that the snowploughs on the highway left walls at the top of the ramps preventing exit and entry.

David, isn't that summer weather in Brampton?

It's the biggest we've had for several years. We're in a mild belt between the Buffalo weather and the Barrie weather that blows across Lake Huron from Saginaw.
Tonight's forecast varies between rain and freezing rain.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
We've got from four to six inches, depending on where you stand. It's great!! Big Grin
Now, every few years we get to see snow around here, usually in the north part of the valley. Sometimes, like a few years ago, it is cold enough to stick for a few hours and we get some amazing shots of snow on the cacti. It's been a good many years since I've seen snow closer to central Phoenix though. Yesterday, it was snowing up around the Carefree Highway, and we were told that what we were seeing in our areas was "grapple". That looks like small hail, but is actually snow encased in frozen raindrops. Who really cares, none of it stayed for more than a few minutes, but I guess we can say that it did snow yesterday here in the Arizona desert.... 2285_

Now up north, I think they got close to two feet of new snow, which is great for the skiers and the schoolkids, but lousy for anyone traveling there.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Happy to report our snow left town yesterday .....got really windy to dry things up . Let's go SPRING !!

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Our snow is reduced but still covering everything but the road.
I bought a new snow shovel today: fancy ergonomic handle and a metal blade at the working end. Tried to take the old one apart; 3 screws came out, the D came off the handle but the shaft wouldn't come out of the blade.
It's out leaning against the garbage can now.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
It is snowing outside right NOW!
Sunny and warm. Snow melting rapidly. Just got back from the library. Very nice outside.
One severely worn, slightly disassembled, snow shovel had disappeared by the time we went for coffee this morning.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
It's snowing right now here.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yeah, the weatherman on NJ 101.5 was like "everyone is saying the snow is gonna be bad, but I don't think we'll get more than a few inches up north, and barely a dusting in the south".

Meanwhile, it looks like the snow has already reached a few inches in my southern NJ location, so now I have to wonder.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
............ And - it missed us. Just a light dusting on the grass and a few icy spots this morning - nothing too bad Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I'm told that there's snow up at Four Peaks, way on the east side of our valley, and there should also be snow on the Bradshaw Mountain to the north of us as well. It's just that we can't see either range from where we live so I have to take other people's word for it. Ray_M should know, though since he lives closer to the Bradshaws than I do. Typical for this time of the year.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
This is all that's left of about 7" we received back before Christmas. We've had a couple of dustings since then but not enough to justify using the snow blower. In the winter of '09-'10 we had over 6 feet of snow.

[Image: IMG_6265.jpg]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
little snow last night.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
After 4 hours in the opera this afternoon, (HD on the movie screen; try and Rigoletto that) we came out to 3-4" on the car. Slippery drive home and a pile of shovelling.
David
Moderato ma non troppo