Anyone have SNOW yet ?
I finally have some snow pictures to post. We picked up 11 inches of snow Sunday.

[Image: IMG_6268.JPG]

[Image: IMG_6272.JPG]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
The north of Germany had a good load of snow yesterday. The snow attacks the middle of Germany today. Frankfurt airport has been closed about two hours ago. An accident on the autobahn some miles north of Frankfurt involved 100 cars. We are expecting the snow in the south tomorrow.
It was a lousy decision to come back from the Canary Islands ....
Reinhard
Wow , another snowfall , and Iowa is about parallel to us ! You're welcome to it , I'm afraid I'm very sick of winter and it hasn't really been that bad here .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Tiny floating flakes on and off all day yesterday - all gone today - some sleet today at lunchtime
On again, off again. A few days ago I stood on our front deck and watched the snow front move across right by us about a mile or so away. Only a few flakes fell on us, quickly melted in the sunshine the next day.

Drove up to to see my wife's brother yesterday at 0ver 10,000 feet just to see what kind of snowfall he'd had. Some left on the ground in the shadows, but very little overall. Colorado is only at 68% of annual snowpack, so we're headed for another hot, dry year.
In sunny warm (24 degrees) southwestern NC, this has been the coldest March on record for this part of the state. The snow started Sunday night and will continue into miday Wend. according to the forcast. The one good point is we usually warm up to the mid 30's during the day so there is some melt off otherwise according to my rain gauge we would have about 15 inches on the ground right now. The next next stupid son of a b that says something about global warming around me dies! Curse Icon_lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Looks kinda pretty Mike . Icon_lol Sure wish you folks would quit sending these storms and cold air up here to Canada . These Arctic American Storm fronts are disrupting our balmy lifestyle !

Goldth

T
I don't mind the snow, I just want the wind to shut off
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
I sure am glad they make cameras.....thats the only way I can enjoy the snow.....sitting in my den....in shorts and a golf shirt....enjoying Big Blue.....in sunny southwest (Fort Myers) Florida.....I think it was up to about 70* today. Cheers
dwight77
dwight77 Wrote:I sure am glad they make cameras.....thats the only way I can enjoy the snow.....sitting in my den....in shorts and a golf shirt....enjoying Big Blue.....in sunny southwest (Fort Myers) Florida.....I think it was up to about 70* today. Cheers
dwight77
I feel the same way about hurricanes. Goldth
I'm hoping we've seen the last of it .....RV business very slow all month . Hoping for real Spring weather to turn things around and put folks in a buying mood.

T
Drove into Inverness, (Scotland) this morning, and it snowed all the way! Now I'm home the sun is shining and there is no sign of it - Except on the mountains out the back!
We still have snow up in the high country. Flagstaff still has some 5' of snow pack up in the Snow Bowl, so they're going to stay open and have their last ski weekend of the season in April. We here in the desert are enjoying some near 90's temps for the next few days.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I really miss those days when my wife and I went to Scottsdale in either Nov. or March ...saw all the sights and enjoyed the dry / hot temps.

T
teejay Wrote:I really miss those days when my wife and I went to Scottsdale in either Nov. or March ...saw all the sights and enjoyed the dry / hot temps.

T

That's all right, it's getting so crowded that it's hardly fun anymore Nope ... at least for us. "Old Town Scottsdale" isn't so much old anymore, horses no longer have the right-of-way, and there's hardly a cactus or a piece of desert visible near downtown. I used to have my real estate license hanging in an office just north of Camelback Rd. on Scottsdale Rd. back in the late 70's. We didn't recognize the whole area the last time we drove by there, nothing's the same in an effort to attract more visitors.

Still, you're all welcome to stay a while and warm up. If you do make it into the area, give me a shout.

Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD