Poll: What are some of your other hobbies?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scale modeling-other than trains
6.15%
12 6.15%
R/C-cars, planes, boats
3.08%
6 3.08%
Geocaching
1.03%
2 1.03%
Construction
3.08%
6 3.08%
Woodworking
5.64%
11 5.64%
Electronics
6.15%
12 6.15%
Art
3.08%
6 3.08%
Automobile restoration
4.62%
9 4.62%
Target shooting-guns/bow & arrow
6.15%
12 6.15%
Writing-poems or stories
1.03%
2 1.03%
Cooking, baking
4.10%
8 4.10%
Sewing, knitting, crocheting
0%
0 0%
Sports-indoor
0.51%
1 0.51%
Sports-outdoor
2.05%
4 2.05%
Motorsports
4.10%
8 4.10%
Photography
7.69%
15 7.69%
Music
6.67%
13 6.67%
Jewelry making
0%
0 0%
Reenactment
0%
0 0%
Mind games- such as crosswords or chess
1.03%
2 1.03%
Collecting (other than trains)
7.18%
14 7.18%
Other hobby not on this list (let us know)
7.69%
15 7.69%
Fishing/hunting
3.59%
7 3.59%
Hiking/jogging/running
2.56%
5 2.56%
Gardening
2.56%
5 2.56%
Video gaming
6.15%
12 6.15%
Stamp/coin collecting
2.56%
5 2.56%
Astronomy
1.54%
3 1.54%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What are your other hobbies
This is a pretty good discussion, maybe it should be moved so the poll can continue. Icon_lol We kind of Hi-jacked this, unintentionally of course
and the best part of the Garmin, I have a sane voice telling me where to go without panic (most of the time) and I don't have to hear constantly "why don't you ask for directions." It's a guy thing. I just usually follow the tracks. Icon_lol
Around 1980, before personal GPS'r's a friend & I got "lost" while driving.. I was almost positive that Rt 422 would get us home.. But he really wanted to stop for directions Smile

The convenience store clerk was of Oriental descent (and with no ill intentions implied) this is what happened Smile

We entered the store and my buddy asked "does this road go to Phila? We're a bit lost...

The clerk replied (Heavy Chinese accent ) Ohhhh You ROST???? (shaking his head) That NOT Good!!!!

He was so sincere, it was really a nice gesture on his part, showing sympathy to two strangers ....

Then he said - Yes - This road; 422 take you right into city. Smile Smile (Pointing Eastward down the road.)

We thanked him and he bowed a bit and we paid for the munchies and other junk food we had brought to the counter and went on our merry way Smile So I guessed it right - the road was the correct way Smile Smile

From then on - Every time we thought we were a bit out of our way - we said the Oh - You Rost?? comment - and if anyone around us, didn't know where it came from, we would tell the story of the Chinese gentleman who was so nice to us, who we fondly remember to this day Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Ohhhh You ROST????

[Image: lol.gif]

One my wife and I get from a waitress is "Want someting to diiiiiiink???"
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
I hear that too, from the young waitresses at the Chinese Food buffet.. I love to listen to foreign accents Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yet another GPS story. I was heading to Tucson (120 miles) with a friend in my then brand-new truck equipped with On-star and GPS. I know the route well, but I thought I'd see how the GPS would take us there. I set the destination and pushed what I though was the "use freeways" button. It started out fine but when I got on the freeway, it told me that I had to get off and and use a different route. Each time I'd push the button again and ignore the directions it was giving since Tucson is a straight shot down I-10, it would reset and give me some crazy instructions again. Finally when it told me to get off I-10 and head west to Yuma, (about 150 miles away) then double back to Tucson I had enough. We stopped and I put on my reading glasses to find that the button I was pushing said, "avoid using freeways".... :oops: :oops:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
You want fries with that?
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Old motorcycles is one of my other passions, it has actually stolen alot of my spare model railroading time. Now I have an 1989 flhtp harley davidson and my wife has a 1989 heritage softail harley davidson. Mine is pretty much fulley restored to where I'm happy. last year I picked up a 1963 vespa vbb that I'm bringing back to life.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
I read tons, and I'm thinking of mastering two other subjects as a hobby. But my main hobby right now is administering my online forum, where my friends and I discuss politics and military matters, as well as the affiliated Facebook groups.

I'm wondering if I should adopt train modeling as a hobby. I wouldn't do it alone, but, if I can join a club and get others, I may do it. I'm not sure yet.
LynnB Wrote:Old motorcycles is one of my other passions, it has actually stolen alot of my spare model railroading time. Now I have an 1989 flhtp harley davidson and my wife has a 1989 heritage softail harley davidson. Mine is pretty much fulley restored to where I'm happy. last year I picked up a 1963 vespa vbb that I'm bringing back to life.

I could never afford a motorcycle, but if I could maybe an Indian would be great(I do how ever have the following HD Items: a mirror, a bandanna, a chain wallet and a model of a HD motorcycle).

How well does a Harley hold its value compared to a car?
My other hobby: numbers matching 1969 440 Six Pack GTX. It keeps me broke too. Worship

Attached Files Image(s)

Car restoration is one of my other hobbies. This Impala was a two year project. It was a barn find, with a six banger and powerglide transmission. I started tearing it down to get all of the dried out bushings replaced and before I knew it, I had a frame.

Cleaned it up, powder coated it, updated and improved all of the suspension and shock packages, installed 4 wheel disc brakes and managed to find a CO6 Corvette engine from an unfortunate donor. It was installed and hooked p to a 6 speed manual transmission. I tried to keep it looking as stock as possible, but it is one sweet cruiser.

Attached Files Image(s)

Video Tour of the Logan Valley - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY</a><!-- m -->
Icon_twisted Big Grin The 440 Six Pack, was a bit of fun in a ' 70 Dodge Challenger R/T, coupled to a 4 speed stick.
Then again, the 340 4bbl 4speed ' 71 Challenger R/T was just as much fun.
( I had the ' 71, my Brother-in-law had the ' 70 )
I'm almost done building the ' 71.....in HO scale....photos when it's ready for the camera Wink Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I bought boat to fish out of now 219
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Just arrived ! 662 HP, talk about scarey fast

Attached Files Image(s)

Video Tour of the Logan Valley - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY</a><!-- m -->