E-paw's duff challenge for 2013
Here is a video of my test on the Bethlehem booster truck. [Image: th_148.jpg]
Now to add the springs and other details.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Steve, Great job. I think that is a very seldom modeled detail. Way to go Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie
I had my hard drive turn into a paperweight about a week or so back and was unable to post much, but that's OK. not much got done. I did manage to prime and paint the two engines. Here they are with a fresh coat (about 5 of them) of Polly Scale steam power black.    

In this pic you can see the detail that I wanted. The end grain of the tender frame showing beneath the cistern was exactly what I was after.    
The tender bed "end grain" looks great !!!......and so do those rivets !!! with paint on them they should be relatively permanent.
The Booster Trucks are an inspiration ! Nicely done !! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Those locos look great, Steve, and I'll bet that biL is smiling somewhere, too. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Thank you gentlemen. As steamers go the Anna keeps them very utilitarian in the way of paint. about the only adornment that they get is to have the roofs and tender deck painted roof brown. This was done with a brush.    

On most prototype engine's a graphite and oil paint was used to coat the unlagged parts of the boiler. For this I make a mix of several different colors and keep it on the thin side. This also gets applied with a brush.    

AS SO....

Then I placed them in Easton to let the paint dry..

WoW.....I can't believe how amazingly beautiful those engines turned out...

A superb job..!!
Gus (LC&P).
I am thoroughly impressed with those mighty decapods. Cheers

I am still waiting for a photo roster thread from you and your dad... Curse

Dave
-Dave
Take a bow Steve,outstanding work Worship
They are beautiful!!!!! Love the detailing work!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thank you all. they wouldn't look like that if i hadn't received so many tips and encouragement from all of you. I tried to build in a few differences to the two engines. Small things like the fire box shapes, location of some smaller details , and a few other things still to come. at this time I am working on the tender boosters and waiting on some decals to come in. This challenge is just what i needed to get things rolling on this staled project.

And for no good reason at all I feel like posting this pic of DL&W 663 & 664.     In a few weeks we will start working on our two F-3's, getting them ready for another summer of excursions and getting the B-unit up and running.
Great result! Very very impressed work! Two very impressive camel backs. Congratulation!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
FANTASTIC!!!!!
Hi all and Happy Easter.
I have finished the decals and installed the tender boosters. At this time they are ready for weathering. After that comes figures, glass and coal.    

I have the head lamps and electrical connections masked off so that I can spray them with some dull coat. As for the lettering, all SH&D steamers get bronze gold Roman writing with engine and class numbers on the cab and ANNA RR ( short for Susquehanna as it is the Susquehanna Hudson & Delaware) on the tenders.

In order to have the new booster truck still pickup power I needed to make a new wiper from some brass wire. It is secured to the truck frame with hot glue.