RTR? I just realized...
The plain truth is that it comes down to whatever floats your boat.
" MountainMan " wrote:
"The plain truth is that it comes down to whatever floats your boat."
Cheers

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
Oh I just can not resist :oops: Wink 357 357 357

Actually ? it's more like "Watered down" truth - - - - - -that floats a boat. Wink :o Wink Icon_lol
I suppose it cold be considered "plain", :oops: if it wasn't Salt Water. Tongue

Hey! I have to keep my *punning* skills sharp. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Oddly enough, the first time I ever heard the expression "Whatever floats your boat" was in a movie that included scenes on a train. It was the comedy "Midnight Run" with Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin. The quote was uttered by an alluring Russian hooker working the train...kinda caught my ear. Smile
No no no, RTR is not "what floats your boat"

If you defined RTR by Personal preferences, then RTR would not have any meaning! You couldn't call anything RTR, because each person has their own standards!

I'm pretty sure that when a car is labeled RTR, it means: This piece of rolling stock can be taken straight from the box, placed on the track, coupled to a train, run around the layout, and be expected to run with a reasonable degree of reliability and not require major assembly.

There are plenty of "RTR" cars that don't meet the above standards, but most recent stuff (made in the last couple years) by Walthers, Atlas and Genesis will meet that definition. If you don't like it, it doesn't mean that the car is not ready to roll, it means that it doesn't meet YOUR standards, which is fine.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]