Hamilton & Great Lakes Railroad
Hopefully you can stay on it now! You have quite a bit of space to work with T. Finished scenery by next week? Eek
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
T - don't feel guilty about taking time for yourself. Mental health is important, and your overall health will be one less thing to think about when you have to care for others.

Best,

Andrew
Been back " workin' on the railroad " and it does feel pretty good . Wish I had been in the mood a year ago ! Goldth
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Trying to upload some progress pics but have to resize them through Photobucket and taking an ETERNITY . Think I'll try to switch to Flickr . Wallbang

[Image: 007f4b2e-5567-49f1-b581-f34abcc58bd4_zpsdogifbll.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0229_zpsmsqaw7el.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0232_zpsb0lepgzk.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0230_zpswehvsrbm.jpg]

FINALLY ! I'm really enjoying getting back to the layout .....trying out some new ideas . Although the structures in the photos aren't fixed in place , that is where they will go . Much detail work ahead but I've complete most of the ballasting , road paving etc .
Clearly I have to work on my camera settings ...way too washed out pics . I tried editing the brightness and colour on Photobucket but I don't see any change .
teejay:
have you trued IrfanView? It resizes my photos pretty quickly.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Thanks for the tip but my AVG won't let it complete the download and I'm not going to undo my AVG anti virus . I'll give Flickr a try .

T
It's not necessary to re-size your photos to put them in photobucket: that's done automatically when you upload them.

Wayne
Yes but I need to resize the pics to get them to post here ! I'll have to see what sizes my camera can be adjusted to ...that may help too .
The pics look great on my screen, not washed out at all T.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
teejay Wrote:Yes but I need to resize the pics to get them to post here ! I'll have to see what sizes my camera can be adjusted to ...that may help too .

If that's the case, contact photobucket, as something's not working the way it should. You do need to re-size photos if you're posting them here as attachments, but those posted from photobucket are acceptable as they are.

A short refresher for those posting from photobucket: find the photo you wish to post and click on it to get an enlarged version, then click on the line of data entitled "img".

[Image: untitled.png]

This automatically copies the needed data. In your composition window here, simply "paste" it in the place you wish it to appear in your post.

[Image: ViewsatElfrida001.jpg]

Add more photos as you wish (we love photos), then, when you're ready, click on "Submit".

Wayne
In the settings is a "Album" section. It has selection "Upload Options"
[Image: Bildschirmfoto%202015-12-17%20um%2018.19...ewpnz7.jpg]

That leads you to screen to set the default size of photos uploaded.
I use the quite small 640*480 as default. The full quality photos reside on my hard disk to be available if required.
[Image: Bildschirmfoto%202015-12-17%20um%2018.18...ybqlis.jpg]

Resulting in postings of this size:
[Image: IMG_4565_zpssmkwkmel.jpg]
Reinhard
[Image: 100_0460_zps09jlaoyo.jpg]
You're right Wayne , the above pic was posted from Photo Bucket without resizing . I haven't posted a pic here for so long I forgot Eek When I first tried to post the first 4 pics , I tried the attachment method .
I'm glad that's been cleared up, and glad, too, that you're "back at it", so we can get to see more of your layout photos. Thumbsup

I had forgotten about the "Upload Options", and just now checked mine: they're set at the recommended 1024x768 size (the picture which I selected had been cropped vertically to eliminate some extraneous stuff, so the image isn't using the full available size).

Wayne