East Terminal & Newburgh
Thanks for that link, Lutz.  Looks like there are lots of cars that would be suitable for my layout.

Wayne
Hello,

[Image: dsc03758lpjfk.jpg]
Here we go. Into the bottom of the gas pumps were holes drilled and into these short pieces of brass wire inserted. Appropiate bores were drilled in the island.
The cutout sheet was treated. Several signs and a wall clock were cut out and placed.

[Image: dsc037591ojnw.jpg]
One of the gas pumps, sorry the price for 1 Gallon is unreadable.

[Image: dsc03760mgjbm.jpg]
And here the convertible for the auto scene. 

[Image: dsc03761eak6x.jpg]
More signs and details. The wrecker got a rooftop sign with a "bloomy" name.
The two oilclosets were placed here and glued onto the sidewall. The rack for the oilcans strategically placed beside the door. 

[Image: dsc03774qvj2f.jpg]
And at least have a look before the roof will be fixed. The car is now glued onto the floor.

Lutz
Hello,

more car bashing:

[Image: dsc03769x4joc.jpg]
Left: Original German prototype Mercedes Benz L2 with set back front axle.
Right: The same model but modified to render a more American appereance. The frame was cut just before the rear axle and 5mm piece was inserted here. Because the box body and the bonnet were just the same, the front axle was shifted forward. The once continous footboard was shortened just at the rear end of the drivers cab. Also a massive bumper was added at the front end and the star removed from the top of the radiator of course.

[Image: dsc03770jhjy6.jpg]

[Image: dsc037716ukgn.jpg]
This delivery van got it's rear doors opened. I used a very thin, about 0,15mm, buzz saw blade in my Proxxon to cut through the plastic material of the body. Because the saw blade is so thin, you could use after a clean cut both parts again. So here i did to adjust the doors in an open position.

[Image: dsc03765jpjni.jpg]
I think it will be placed here to depict a loading scene.

[Image: dsc03766lyjue.jpg]
The grey truck will look great here.

[Image: dsc03772izj9d.jpg]
The convertible has got the final place.

[Image: dsc03773uujsf.jpg]
And the wrecker is lurking here for happy or not so happy customers.
Thumbs Up 
Your scenes are wonderful, and now you bring the vehicles to life too.  Wonderful  Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie
Very nice work on that delivery van, Lutz.  With a few simple alterations, you've changed a Mercedes truck into a pretty decent version of a Ford truck.

Wayne
All you need is Bonnie and Clyde running out of a bank!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Hello,

let's get the many old little paint jars out and let's see what cstill can be done with the contents:
[Image: dsc0377540jye.jpg]
Some unpainted figures were taken, the cars also and some other stuff. Here some industrial workers for the modern era were paintend too.

[Image: dsc03776z5khq.jpg]
The grey truck.

[Image: dsc037820kjcs.jpg]
Later the German lettering was removed. Out came a somewhat grubby look as if the last clean up of the truck was a long time ago.

[Image: dsc037833pkv5.jpg]
The yellow delivery van also lost it's German lettering.

[Image: dsc037808rjpy.jpg]
The interior was painted wood coloured. One of the modified figurines and a stubborn crate was added. In it's former life this figurine was a Deutsche Reichsbahn employee and carrying regulations, but the emigrated from Germany and migrated into the USA and now he is a truck driver.

[Image: dsc03778oyk4b.jpg]
The Model T pick up got some attention too.

[Image: dsc03781sjjl8.jpg]
Something was placed onto the truck bed,a then contemporary typical handyman's car.

[Image: dsc03779myjzq.jpg]
A Ford AA stake truck was loaded with some red barrels of uncertain content.

[Image: dsc03777dejqo.jpg]
And an for now abandoned project. Initially i planned to convert this former police car into a wrecker truck. But instead i got a model of an wrecker from Athearn.

So some of the auto scenes were prepared.

Lutz
You have a nice selection of vehicles, Lutz, and they'll be a great addition to your layout modules.   Applause Applause Applause 

Wayne
Those are some great vehicles.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Those are neat Lutz, if you could only get them in full-scale, you could retire....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hello,

it is time to put the things together:

[Image: dsc03784ujk6e.jpg]

[Image: dsc03785gtj7j.jpg]

[Image: dsc037863fj7v.jpg]
A then a typical scene of fill'er up, fix'er with car owner splurging and concomitant jealously watching car and spouse (in this sequence).

[Image: dsc037879zjfa.jpg]

[Image: dsc03788ngkgj.jpg]
I think this little gas station now is ready to place it onto the ground plate.

[Image: dsc03790nkk95.jpg]
The next litte scene. Driver is loading a heavy crate under strict supervision of customer into the van.

Lutz
I dunno, Lutz, but it looks to me like the attendant wiping the windshield is gettin' an eyeful....that red dress looks to be hiked up pretty far in the third photo.  It's always nice to have a little episode like that to brighten one's workday.

Wayne
Hello,

@Wayne
That is one of these small scenes arranged in a manner they tell a little story to the observer.

[Image: dsc03791e4jz1.jpg]
The gas station was fixed onto it's final place and the surrounding was filled with fine gritting.
Some gras and shrubs added.

[Image: dsc037922fkvc.jpg]
A beyond of repair car placed at the back side and first signs of messing up were visible.

[Image: dsc03793dyk4w.jpg]

[Image: dsc0379666kic.jpg]

[Image: dsc03795odkij.jpg]
More mess, like worn out engine block, untight radiator, tires, pile of wheels and drums with "don't ask" content began accumulating.
A high and tight fence was errected to keep this disadvantageous scrap heap for the customers out of sight.
This junk pile is still not finished. When suitable pieces falling accitentally into my hands, they will be collected and placed here.

Lutz
Hello,

here a rare sight from the backside:
[Image: dsc03798i5k75.jpg]
The gas station advertisers were placed. Thee is still a bare wood mast which has still be painted white or green.
The other cars here were placed loosely before they will get fixed to get a view of how they appear on the scene.

[Image: dsc03799c6kgn.jpg]
A fence and some more brush were added.

[Image: dsc03800kmjn7.jpg]
The ugly and dirty corner as the viewer will see it.

Lutz
Hello,

It is nearing completion:

[Image: dsc038036ek2y.jpg]

Still Loading. The van was fixed at an light angle as if not backed straight.

[/url][url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=dsc038046sje5.jpg][Image: dsc038046sje5.jpg]
The handyman's car was parked here. He is engaged to fix something in the house.

[Image: dsc03801egkby.jpg]
The grey truck was fixed here, not straight rectangular because it has just swerved around  the parked handyman's car and came to a standstill when the barriers got down.
The green truck has passed the crossing and made it before closure.

[Image: dsc038025ujbw.jpg]
And the wrecker ist still lurking for happy or not so happy customers.

[Image: dsc03807r4kc5.jpg]
A oversight. All items were fixed by glueing with the exception for the crossing gates.
In this condition the insert is transportable.

[Image: dsc03808yikwj.jpg]
In my attic i found these crossing gate actuators from Brawa. They were intended for powering German barriers, but i have no use for German stuff anymore. So this actuators can be used in principle.

Lutz