Blue Meanie Racing ---------- ngauger ---------------- 163
w8jy ---------------------------- w8jy ------------------- 163
Evil Empire Racing--------- Mike Kieran --------------- 161
The Gem Doctor ---------- Lightbender ------------- 154
Nantahala Racing --------- Tyson Rayles --------------- 148
eightyeightfan_99 ------- eightyeightfan1 ---------- 0
team crash & burn ----------- e-paw ----------------- 0

Well - I'm just a bit upset.. Sad Truex "was" in.. now he's out Sad
This is why I always wait until Tuesday night so all thee penalties can be assessed before I post the updated listings Smile Smile

We're going to race this Sunday afternoon at 2:00 at Chicagoland for the Geico 400 at Chicago - The first of 10 races in The Chase for The Sprint Cup!!!

Ewww - Only 10 weeks until Thanksgiving!!!!! Sad

The 2013 Chase For The Sprint Cup Standings:

1 Matt Kenseth
2 Jimmie Johnson
3 Kyle Busch
4 Kevin Harvick
5 Carl Edwards
6 Joey Logano
7 Greg Biffle
8 Clint Bowyer
9 Dale Earnhardt Jr
10 Kurt Busch
11 Kasey Kahne
12 Ryan Newman
13 Jeff Gordon

EVERYONE GO SET UP YOUR TEAMS!!!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
The whole " taking a dive " episode involving Waltrip ,Bowyer , Truex etc was an embarrassment . Bowyer should have got a bigger penalty .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I don't follow things as close as some do I guess, what is this taking a dive all about? I didn't have any of those people but my points for the week dropped by 12 since Sunday night while some others went up?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Michael Waltrip Racing was ( supposedly ) trying to get Marty Truex into the Chase . As the race wound down to a conclusion , Clint Bowyer ( supposedly) spun on purpose and teammate Brian Vickers was called to the pits , to shake up the running order and give another teammate Marty Truex a chance to get a few extra points to get into the Chase . Confused ? So were all of us !
At the time of this incident , Ryan Newman was leading and " in the Chase " if he could hold his position for a few more laps ...but his pit crew couldn't get him out in the lead and he fell back far enough to allow Truex to get into the Chase just ahead of Newman . Then Nascar stepped in after listening to various replays of in car radios and determined that there was collusion to change the race outcome .

Your Pit Reporter , T Misngth
..................... So now - after each of the 3 MWR teams is getting fined $300,000.00 EACH - and each team having 50 points taken away.. Truex is out of the Chase.. and Boyer is still in.. But Gordon's team is trying to get Boyer thrown out - since he did start everything by spinning out, because if he goes, Gordon is next on the list to "drop into" the Chase Smile Smile

But NASCAR'S only point of view is that they will not tolerate any sort of open cheating and since a restart closes up the field and rearranges the field. They are being heavily penalized..
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Right on , Mikey . I do understand Nascar's difficult position regarding the "ripple effect " and how Gordon was the loser on that ....but how far back can you go to create a what-if scenario ? I agree , Bowyer escaped unscathed and Gordon got screwed by circumstances . But with everyone at MWR in denial , there is only circumstantial evidence , and they will take their penalty and shut up .
I think the ridicule that Waltrip and Bowyer will be receiving for some time in the future , will be "the punishment ". I suspect a lot of boos and sponsors don't like boos !!

T
Well - now they are saying that the Ford teams of Logano and Gilliand... were in collusion to get Logano into the Chase Sad And NAPA (Truex Jr) and 5 hour energy (Boyer) are "Re-examining their sponsorships"....

On top of all this; Boyer is now saying exactly what you are saying... "There is no way that he could foresee how all those things could develop just from a spin out"... So now he's defending himself saying it was not on purpose..

It just keeps getting more interesting Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Racers will let their team mates take the lead for extra points ......happens all the time and isn't collusion . But a pro driver like Bowyer spinning ? ...c'mon...even Junior who was behind Bowyer thought it weird / on purpose ....then again Junior will defend Gordon like he should . I guess with all the fame and money that goes with the Chase, it will produce some cheating but this was pretty blatant .

...and the "jump start "controversy with Edwards ? I don't know .....when does the leader try to back off to create a jump start ? It happens . Tough to call . I was at a nearby 200 lap late model race for $10,000 ...big money locally . On a restart with 8 laps to go , the leader on the inside clearly backed off a bit .....second place guy on the outside goes by at the green flag and they penalize HIM ! Inside guy wins $10 grand . Like I said ,it happens .

T
and that's exactly why some of the "true" fans of racing are saying that nothing should have been done.. Almost all the teams "cheat" in some way - it's just that some get caught.. Look at Chad Knauss & Jimmy Johnson. They have been fined and on probation more than any other team recently.. and Johnson is one of the most respected racers now... Go figure Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I think they embarrassed Nascar as well as the fans this time , though . If nothing is done , Nascar looks foolish . JJ has several titles on his resume which , let's face it , gives him some leverage . They have a tougher time slapping a champion than the average guy . Earnhardt used to take guys out ( I saw him take out LABONTE on the final lap at Bristol for the win in the " just wanted to rattle his cage " race ) and all was OK . He was an icon .
teejay Wrote:I think they embarrassed Nascar as well as the fans this time , though . If nothing is done , Nascar looks foolish . JJ has several titles on his resume which , let's face it , gives him some leverage . They have a tougher time slapping a champion than the average guy . Earnhardt used to take guys out ( I saw him take out LABONTE on the final lap at Bristol for the win in the " just wanted to rattle his cage " race ) and all was OK . He was an icon .
Yeah - I agree.... I'm waiting for Sunday when the analysts have their say LOL I wonder what Kyle Petty will say about all of it Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Can't stand KP ....career 35 place driver 5 laps down ...suddenly he's an " expert ".
And as of 4:00 PM EDT - NASCAR has announced that Jeff Gordon will occupy the newly created 13th place in the Chase...

It's a special double secret clause - buried deep somewhere in the rules LOL

Just this once we'll have 13 Teams going for the Cup Smile Smile

Mandatory Drivers and Owners meeting tomorrow morning!!! NASCAR is gonna Lay Down The Law and that will be "it".. Damn I wish I could be in on that meeting Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Well Jeffie whined long and loud and just set a precedent for future seasons .......hope the little guy is happy now . 35

T
teejay Wrote:Well Jeffie whined long and loud and just set a precedent for future seasons .......hope the little guy is happy now . 35

T

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75