Big Blue NASCAR 2013 Racin'!!!!
...now if you're into conspiracy theories Wink .....I went onto Nascar website for fan responses ( something I virtually never do ) and that section is " temporarily down " . OK , so there is a connection to Facebook ( something else I rarely go to ) and there were some pretty negative comments . The funniest one was some guy who suggested the cars " have flags on the fenders so they could call it the Funeral 500 " .

Now any plate race I've watched is 2 wide for a number of laps and then 3 wide as the guys get aggressive . Before too long , someone checks up , or someone " gets loose , or has a tire going down = THE BIG ONE ! The nationwide race , yesterday , has a BIG ONE where fans get hurt . Lots of media coverage . I mean LOTS !

Today , 1 lane , nose to tail . The only passing was coming out of the pits . Hmmmm , curious . Just a coincidence , right ? 357 Yeah .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Hey Tyson , you're in the contest , tenth ( last ) place 0 points ...I'm eighth , and not much better . Nope

T
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Thanks for the info Mikey. I have no idea how to find our group but if you post the standings here on Tues. that ought to take care of it. I still can't pick drivers, the padlocks are still locked. Maybe come Tuesday?
How are you finding the "locks" if you can't find our group????? Smile

Try this link:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://games.espn.go.com/stock-car-challenge/2013/en/group?groupID=372&selGrp=372&">http://games.espn.go.com/stock-car-chal ... elGrp=372&</a><!-- m -->

then scroll down.....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
This is where I'm at:

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Select a total of 5 drivers that keep you at or below the $100.00 . You can pick off the first 4 guys on the chart you posted but that totals about $89 , so your last pick would have to be about $11.00 which is some guy way down the chart .

T
yeah - what he said!! Smile Smile Just selest a few drivers that you like, then buy the rest to get as close to $100.00 as you can Smile Smile

Then click on the "Save Roster" button above the list.

Oh - and at the top of that page, there are black tabs.. one reads: My Groups
Click on that tab and select Big blue Racing - you will be taken to our page where if you scroll down, you can see our standings.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I can't select anybody, when I click on a driver a box pops up with a overview of his stats but that's it. I can't transfer the driver over to the boxes on the left (where it says driver 1 then 2 and so forth). When I click on the box with the stats it wants to take me to a different page with more in depth stats but that's it. No select happens. Again I'm guessing all those locked padlocks have something to do with it.
Mike

Mike , I just went on ESPN and it says " all rosters locked " , so i guess the answer is yes . You can try again in a day or two , I suppose .

T
Unreal - they don't mention the time the rosters are opened - only closed one minute before the race Sad Sad

Try again tonight or tomorrow.

The "Locked" icon is on the right end of the gray bar at the top of the roster list Sad
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

O.K. the locks are gone and I have picked my team, which leads to some questions:
1-Can I pick new drivers for every race?
2-What is a segment?
3-Is there a winner for each segment plus an overall winner for the year?
4- Who is/are the winner/winners from last year?
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:O.K. the locks are gone and I have picked my team, which leads to some questions:
1-Can I pick new drivers for every race?
YUP!!!! Up until 1 minute before the start of the race.,.. This is there in case one of your drivers does not make the "cut". I'll also remind everyone in this thread, if you have to resign drivers after a segment. We had to do this for the second segment last year....

Tyson Rayles Wrote:2-What is a segment?
The season is divided into 3 segments
Segment 1 (races 1 - 11)
Segment 2 (races 12 -26)
Segment 3 (races 27 - 36 "The Chase" )

Tyson Rayles Wrote:3-Is there a winner for each segment plus an overall winner for the year?
If you go to your fantasy page (driver listing) you will see in the upper right corner next to the speedometer your ranking (mine is 32,558. Then click on the black tab (above): "Leaderboard" it will take you to the overall game leaders.
Prizes:
One (1) Overall Winner - The eligible entrant that finishes with the most points over the thirty-six (36) weeks of the Promotion (and wins any tie breakers) will win $2,000 Best Buy Gift Card (ARV $2,000)
Three (3) Segment Winners - The eligible entrant that finishes with the most points for each of the promotion's three segments (and wins any tie breakers) will win $1,000 Best Buy Gift Card (ARV $1,000/segment)

Tyson Rayles Wrote:4- Who is/are the winner/winners from last year?
I have not found a way to check to see exactly who won, but if you click on the 2013 tab and select 2012 (may not be available, since you just joined this year) you can see the leaders (click Leaderboard tab again). All the "1" ranked people were eligible after the tiebreakers for the first prize. We don't know which one actually won.

Needless to say - so far none of us have even gotten close - except for w8JY - last year - who, with a 91.1% accuracy ended up in the TOP 10 PERCENT of all players.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Thanks for clarifying that , Mikey ....helped me out ,too .

Well I made a change from my Dismal Daytona roster . Nowhere to go but up . Goldth

T
teejay Wrote:Thanks for clarifying that , Mikey ....helped me out ,too .

Well I made a change from my Dismal Daytona roster . Nowhere to go but up . Goldth

T
That's the fun of the Fantasy League - you never know who, out of your drivers will be in a wreck Curse

You never know what's going to happen on any given Sunday Misngth Shoot
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Mikey my number 4 question was about the members in in our group, I don't really care about the rest of the world ! Icon_lol
If I could have entered in time and if I understand the points system 35 I would have had about 129 points. It will be interesting to see if those points would have made any difference when this is all over.
Mike

None of my guys wrecked . Three grenaded , 2 faded . I see where Las Vegas was a bit nervous because they had Danica at 75-1 for winning . As we know , she was running a very strong 3rd for much of the day .......hat's off to a very good performance . Thumbsup

Mike , your 129 points would have made a difference last week ...I had a whopping 93 !! Eek

T