Introducing The PistonBroke Line
cnw1961 Wrote:These are some mighty nice structures you got there. I absolutely love the Radiator Repair, though the pier is a very nice struture too. But most of all I like how you painted and weathered them. Gives them exactly the right run down look Thumbsup Thumbsup .
Coming from you Kurt ....from the master himself....it gives me the enthusiasm (ego) to keep on trying, thank you for the encouragement. :oops:

Steamtrains Wrote:Those Kramer boys have just the right touch to get a building together in record time, and have it turn out beautifully... Thumbsup
Thanks Gus, and these Kramer dudes also sing the blues http://www.myspace.com/runawaytrain
Steamtrains Wrote:I like the sign "The best place to take a leak"... Goldth

Yes very smart eh, You know the saying if you gotta go, go here..... or something similar.

And thanks Josh, looks like you are up and running pretty well also, I see your new venture is growing, it must be your craftsmanship. Well done.

Charlie B Wrote:OK Jack,
Christmas and the New Year are over. Time to get back to work to amaze your friends at the gauge even more.
Charlie
Oh Crickey, the man is a slave driver. Misngth And can I thank you for stopping by regularly with encouragement Charlie? 'Cause it really helps.
But yes you are right, Harvest has finished, Xmas and New Year are behind us, and I see a waistband a lot bigger than this time last month, so had better crack the whip and get those Kramers back to work and the waistband back to just 'big'.

But I digress

No time to talk, just a few photos of the finished Rustys Radiators coming up....
[Image: img_0375.jpg]

[Image: img_0398.jpg]

[Image: img_0402.jpg]

[Image: img_0400.jpg]

[Image: img_0399.jpg]

Quite a bright light they have on inside, may have to rectify that ...
[Image: img_0387.jpg]

[Image: img_0386.jpg]

Finally planted in PistonBroke
[Image: IMG_0633.jpg]

Thanks all

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
Nice! Thumbsup
Wonderful!!! Lots of character and detail!

Ralph
Very well done. I like specially the shades of brown on the roof.
Reinhard
A really neat little scene that should make a wonderful addition to the layout. Thumbsup

There is one thing about it that keeps bugging me every time I look at the pictures...the edges of the support boards for the billboard. That laser-cut 'burnt' edge stands out (for me at least...probably doesn't bother most of the rest of the world.).

Other than that, it's an outstanding little structure.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Thanks for the comments people,
faraway Wrote:Very well done. I like specially the shades of brown on the roof.
Whoops, :oops: and I have just tried to change the colour a bit because another comment someone made was that it looked too much like a wooden roof, now it looks like nothing. Ah well..back to the drawing board. Rub the chalk off and start again, although the photo doesn't do the colour justice.

ocalicreek Wrote:A really neat little scene that should make a wonderful addition to the layout. Thumbsup
There is one thing about it that keeps bugging me every time I look at the pictures...the edges of the support boards for the billboard. That laser-cut 'burnt' edge stands out (for me at least...probably doesn't bother most of the rest of the world.).
Other than that, it's an outstanding little structure.
Galen
I hear ya Galen, Big Grin I thought they looked OK .. sort of old & gnarled when first done, but on reflection from your comments I have tried to tone it down a bit

[Image: IMG_0727.jpg]
Have I toned the right bits down enough to ease the pain,...... even if ever so slightly? Tongue

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
That really is a good lookin' shop. Well done. Cheers
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
OBJack Wrote:Thanks for the comments people,
faraway Wrote:Very well done. I like specially the shades of brown on the roof.
Whoops, :oops: and I have just tried to change the colour a bit because another comment someone made was that it looked too much like a wooden roof, now it looks like nothing. Ah well..back to the drawing board. Rub the chalk off and start again, although the photo doesn't do the colour justice.
Ok, I got it. I assumed it is wood but on the new picture it is clear what it is and is is done very well. I like it too and it fits the building better than a wood roof.
Reinhard
Well, it's hard to see the billboard struts from that particular angle, so I really don't know if it's any different. I can tell the difference on the framing of the billboard face itself. How 'bout some little white flecks to represent little plastic pigeon poo. Wink

As for the roof (re: other comments) I thought it looked fine the first time. As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

I REALLY like the yellow trash bin/skip in the latest picture. A bit too modern for my era, but very cool all the same.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
The Kramers came knocking on my door the other day looking for building a project they could manage.
They said Christmas time has left them a bit skint, and with an extra mouth to feed for one of them (after that romp down the beach when building at the docks last year ) they are looking for some cash to boost the coffers.

So I asked Uncle Tony if he would employ them to rebuild his Butchers [ *chop ] ....sorry ...Shop. :oops:
"Not a da problemo" he says. "I only gotta da four fingers left on a da each hand, ona da account of my butchering skills over da past 40 years, so I 'aint as handy as I once was" [Image: ROFLMAO_emote_by_morima.gif]

I like a my Uncle Tony,

So I will tag along and follow their progress if you like.

Whoah, they started already, ........well the materials are here anyway.....
[Image: IMG_0518.jpg]

Back soon, gotta catch up with that light fingered four fingered ham fisted Son of a Gun and discuss the project over a nice drop of red. Cheers

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Can't wait to see what the K' boys come up with this time.... Eek
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Can't wait to see what the K' boys come up with this time.... Eek
Here ya go Gus..

"Those K Boys", they have already splashed a wee bit of paint around
[Image: IMG_0519.jpg]

Made and painted a few doors, and I see a few walls are up as well
[Image: IMG_0520.jpg]

Those boys must be hungry for the cash, they seem to be working pretty fast,

A door has been hung and a window placed
[Image: IMG_0521.jpg]
Ol' 4 fingers must be just as eager as the Kramers he has even got his ads in the window already! Misngth

And around the corner ....... he is not wasting any time is our uncle Tony
[Image: IMG_0523.jpg]

The tradesmans' entrance
[Image: IMG_0525.jpg][/align]

Gotta go back and reload the camera, and give the boys a chance to catch their breath.
On the other hand, it's also time for a nice red with Uncle Tony! Cheers

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Looking good..!! 2285_

Wish I could find me a crew like those K boys.... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
Another day Gus, another dollar.
Back to work on resurrecting Ol' 4 fingers butchers shop.

The shop building has two storerooms and a serving/counter area
[Image: IMG_0526.jpg]
And
[Image: IMG_0531.jpg]

Back around to the front and the doors have been hung
[Image: IMG_0532.jpg]

With nifty little handles .....that I'm sure were not worth all the extra gray hairs to make & install. 35
[Image: IMG_0535.jpg]

So the boys have nearly finished the shop part by the looks
[Image: IMG_0536.jpg]

only the roof and a few trimmings and paint touch ups to do. Cheers

Next is the cool room
[Image: IMG_0538.jpg]
Here are the walls already painted & weathered a bit.

So.....

....I Will be back in a wee while with some glue, a hammer and some nails, to force those walls to stand up for themselves.
In the meantime don't do anything I wouldn't enjoy. Misngth

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
I know our members are a keen eyed bunch and it's usually impossible to put anything past them, but I was wondering...

the last pic of Rusty's radiators...shouldn't the dunny door be closed when that sort of thing is going on.

Perhaps I'm the only one rude enough to mention it as our obviously more genteel members have so politely ignored the deplorable lack of inhibitions.

Of course I'm still chuckling like a schoolboy with a new playground joke.

Tony.