I've Got the MRR Blahs !
I did get off my keester , somewhat , after starting this thread, so I am picking away at the layout . Too many other distractions including busy days at work now that the RV camping season has started .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Phase 2 that I just finished is a whoppimg 3 square feet and it took me over 3 months ! Eek So I'm no ball of fire either. Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
yeah , Mike , but your layout looks great at this point and mine ...well , I'm still in the beginning stage , after almost a year Nope . Don't finish yours too quickly , you'll have to start another !! Icon_lol

T
T the reason mine looks the way it does is that I've been on it for 5 years ! Eek 790_smiley_picking_a_fight 35
Mike

I'm not making much progress either.
One step forward, two steps back.
Hurry up and wait.
Not enough time in the day.
I have some projects in the paint shop that only need a couple of detail parts and a bottle of paint, but can't seem to get past that point.
An N scale layout that's wired up and ready to operate once I build and install 36 turnout motors. (then finish the scenery)
Life is getting in the way. Wallbang
I'll gitt'er done someday. Goldth
Ray Marinaccio
I'm in the funk too, really distracted with another hobby but I still get to see te real ones run through
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
The thing to remember is it's a hobby not a race, doesn't matter how long it takes. As long as whatever project I'm working on comes out the way I want it when it's done I'm happy, better slow and right then fast and screwed up. A lot of this hobby is visual and therefor creative, a 3D art form if you will, and you can't force creativity. If you don't feel it get the h*ll out of the train room and go back when you do feel it. If it is only half done when you die but that half is what you wanted then great! If the whole layout is done when you die but it is seriously screwed up people will be standing over your coffin looking down at you and saying things like:
1- He really needed to find a hobby he could handle
2- Why did he stay in a hobby that he really sucked at?
3- Maybe if he had just taken lessons
4- If only he had understood that less is more
5- What the h*ll was he thinking?

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Mike

We have a new challenge coming up that will tug at your heart and motivate even the hardest procrastinators... Welcome It should make us all happy to do our part in this worthwhile endeavor. Big Grin That's all I can say for now...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Oh , yeah , leave us hangin' !! Eek Eek Eek Misngth

T
teejay Wrote:Oh , yeah , leave us hangin' !! Eek Eek Eek Misngth

T

I'm just trying to genially nudge you out of your MRR blahs by giving you something to look forward to.... 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

There was this ketchup commercial where they sang the song, "Anticipation" while they waited for the results to appear. Sometimes, a little nudge on the bottle will bring quicker results. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
So now I have ketchup on my layout Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

T
I've got a different problem - I so desperately want to get back to work on my layout, but having a girlfriend now living with me, I feel like i have no time, and no money Sad Nope For the first time in my life, I feel like I have a "honey do list". Icon_lol I swear, I don't know how you other guys do it! Worship Worship
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
might be to complicated for an ironic comment...
Reinhard
teejay Wrote:So now I have ketchup on my layout Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

T

Or, to put it another way, now you have to "catch up" on your layout. 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
No time
No money
Honey-Do list
Yes, Kevin, I think you are being "trained"
Goldth Goldth
Cid