Atlas GP38-2 handrails
Does anyone know where I can get Atlas GP38-2 handrails, the part number is 900807. Looking for this set because it has the front handrails for an anti climber. Anyone know where I can find a set? If not does anyone know where to get handrails to fit a gp38-2 with an anti climber?
The Atlas web site has an online store even for parts. I use it frequently and they ship with no problems (even to me in Germany).

oops, I do not see the part you are looking for in the online catalogs... sorry
Reinhard
Try e-Bay..That's where I find a lot of Atlas and other brands OEM parts
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Yea I've tried atlas and ebay with no luck. I have the smokey valley set but really don't want to bend my own handrails. I guess I'll just keep checking ebay maybe something will show up eventually.
It showed up on the website for parts. If they don't have the part, call them. They may have some sitting around. Here's what I was looking at http://www.atlasrr.com/pdf/PartsPDFs/HOT...motive.pdf.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I actually decided to wing it and I was able to make one out of the smokey valley set, just waiting for the glue to dry and ill post some pics. Not as difficult as I was expecting, it's not perfect but it'll do.
After locomotives have been out on the road awhile and doing switching duties, the handrails get a little banged up anyway. Close calls with parked vehicles, cars that don't clear the switch, etc.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Here's how the handrail turned out
[Image: 261handrail_zps09c2eab4.jpg]
That looks very good. A prefect solution!
Reinhard
Rscott417 Wrote:Here's how the handrail turned out
[Image: 261handrail_zps09c2eab4.jpg]
Nice fix, I see that you like the Chessie "rock pilot" ( PL205) for your units. You will need the Kadee long centerset coupler. Also, when attaching the plow height, you will need to allow an opposing "glad hand" clearance to just slip under it. This generally will place the plow a bit higher than prototype. The Details West elbow style air hose (AH-302) and cast MU hoses allow bending to fit w the pilot and allow clearance for coupler swing.
[Image: trainclub2012.jpg]
[Image: trainclub2022.jpg]
Haven't been on here in a while and just saw your post, it's not that I have a soft spot for those plows it's just what's on the prototype and I have the extended couplers. Your engine looks good too, what mu hoses did you use?
Rscott417 Wrote:Haven't been on here in a while and just saw your post, it's not that I have a soft spot for those plows it's just what's on the prototype and I have the extended couplers. Your engine looks good too, what mu hoses did you use?

The mu hoses are Overland (bought a dozen of so years back) they don't offer the brass detail parts now. The same can be found in Detail West. I like the cast opposed to plastic as they hold any shape you like. The anglecock air line is Detail West. The platform stanchions and rails came out great for the anti-climber
I didn't realize they were brass, I thought they were plastic and liked how they took the shape of the plow.