Matching color
Hi,

i want to made some bicentennial models, the EL SD45-2 3632, here i use the RTR Athearn model, now i`am trying to get the matching color for this model. I have done some modifications, now i have to paint those things.
Testors have no colors specify for this, even Dans Resin Castings, he made decals for the model, have no recommandation, which color to use.
For the EL SDP45 3638 i have the same problem with the red and the blue color.
Perhaps anyone has made those models and can give me a suggestion which ones i can use.
kindest regards
Amtrak X995
Amtrak X995 Wrote:Hi,

i want to made some bicentennial models, the EL SD45-2 3632, here i use the RTR Athearn model, now i`am trying to get the matching color for this model. I have done some modifications, now i have to paint those things.
Testors have no colors specify for this, even Dans Resin Castings, he made decals for the model, have no recommandation, which color to use.
For the EL SDP45 3638 i have the same problem with the red and the blue color.
Perhaps anyone has made those models and can give me a suggestion which ones i can use.

Hmmm.... I don't have this model, but if I had to take a guess, Poly scale Caboose Red looks about right for the "red" portions, but I'm not sure about the right color for the blue. I am actually looking for a similar shade for my NJ DOT locomotives (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same blue as EL used on its U34CH locomotives). I have some good candidates, but I have not yet had time to "test" them out. Poly Scale Dark Blue seems like the winner so far, but I'd test it first on a piece of scrap to compare.

Poly Scale Bright Silver or old silver might be more appropriate for the under frame, but I'd really need to see such a model in person to be sure, each is a slightly different tint.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Hi,

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Hmmm.... I don't have this model, but if I had to take a guess, Poly scale Caboose Red looks about right for the "red" portions, but I'm not sure about the right color for the blue. I am actually looking for a similar shade for my NJ DOT locomotives (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same blue as EL used on its U34CH locomotives). I have some good candidates, but I have not yet had time to "test" them out. Poly Scale Dark Blue seems like the winner so far, but I'd test it first on a piece of scrap to compare.
Poly Scale Bright Silver or old silver might be more appropriate for the under frame, but I'd really need to see such a model in person to be sure, each is a slightly different tint.

on the primemover decals web page http://primemoverdecals.com/pdf/pmd010.pdf the recommand for the u34ch model the polly scale c&o enchantment blue, this is darkener then the blue from the bicentennial engines (but it`s darker the conrail blue). I have ordered it ( for the u34ch of course) to test it out.
So i think, it had to mix the colors.
kindest regards
Amtrak X995