The Penvan Railroad
Thanks Jack. I hope to be building it soon.

Ray, it is steep, but I've seen highway overpasses that were this steep. The Mineola Avenue bridge over the LIRR station in Mineola is pretty steep. I also plan on having the overpass sill rise over the tracks. At this time, I think that the overpass won't be level.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
After Long Island Jack's posting, I mulled over his post and decided to make the approach for the overpass a bit longer in order to be less steep. In the process of making minor changes, I made the end of Industry Avenue jut off so that I can control the view lines. I still plan on putting a facade on the back of the buildings along Industry Avenue similar to what is on Whist Manufacturing so that the factory will look larger.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to throw a spanner in the works,but i think it would look more believable if it was a more gentler slop or even a overpass/freeway thats not cornected to the lower roads.
if the highway dept/railroad was happy with railroad crossings at both end of the street,would they have not done the same for Twain street???

will follow this, once you start building,what track do you intend useing??

Ray
You didn't throw anything in but constructive advice.

There would sometimes be overpasses versus grade crossings because there would be a need for vehicles (especially emergency vehicles) to get across the tracks without waiting. In Mineola, for example, there's an overpass on Mineola Boulevard and a grade crossing one block over on Willis Avenue. Just off of Mineola Boulevard is Winthrop Hospital (right next to the LIRR station).

In my case, I'm using the overpass as a view block to break up the roundy round appearance of the layout. I'll be using Atlas code 83 Snap Track with Snap Switches since I have a lot of them.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines