number one dead giveaway
torikoos Wrote:....wifi telegraph poles ....

Koos, I love that term. You should register a copyright on it 357
Reinhard
For the Nscale world...one of the biggest giveaways is the dust, and the finger print remaining in the dust just before the picture is taken. Icon_lol

But then again, untouched dust looks like convincing weathering in Nscale. 35
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
faraway Wrote:

That IS funny! Big Grin
Herc Driver Wrote:For the Nscale world...one of the biggest giveaways is the dust, and the finger print remaining in the dust just before the picture is taken. Icon_lol

But then again, untouched dust looks like convincing weathering in Nscale. 35

Actually I've seen that in every scale. While I've seen it more in HO then any other scale it's probably because there are more HO layouts than any other scale.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
teejay Wrote:For me , the giveaway is when you stare at the LP's for a half hour and they haven't moved ......... Icon_lol

T
:hey:

If you had a 500 foot giant staring at you for a half hour.....Would you move?

When I photoshop my models into real life backgrounds, my biggest challenge is trying to get the lighting from the model to match the lighting from the real life natural light. That and real trees in the background coupled(no pun inteneded) with foam rudder bushes in the foreground...Big give away.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
To read this thread one gets the impression that there is no way to do realistic modeling?
Eek Nope
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
faraway Wrote:

Anyone got the number of the copyright buro? :-)

It was one of those things, but my mind is slightly cross-wired at times, I guess that's why I like trains :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Tyson Rayles Wrote:To read this thread one gets the impression that there is no way to do realistic modeling?
Eek Nope

The way I figure it, its all about distracting people. There are things that would be glaringly off if we were HO scale people walking about. However, we tend to take in things "from afar". our eyes are drawn to locomotives or neat little scenes and things of that nature. If we strike the right balance of stuff, the mind will fill in the gaps while it is distracted with the more spectacular aspects of a model or scene.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:If we strike the right balance of stuff, the mind will fill in the gaps while it is distracted with the more spectacular aspects of a model or scene.

.. and THAT is exactly how I learned to model.. Smile Smile

An example In NASCAR:

About 30 years ago, Junior Johnson brought a car out to Darlington Raceway. It had a different design to the front bumper. It was well within the lines of being legal. Richard Petty asked him what he was doing? Why the metal??

Junior simply replied: "You see how NASCAR and everyone else is concentrating on it? I don't want them looking at anything else!" Eek Goldth

The same can be said for modeling. My layout has gimmicks and fun stuff and noone seems to notice that it only has a few engines (three) and about 10 structures on it. The scenery and the structures take up most of the 13 X 9 layout.

Now granted, the footprints of each of these is 1 ft square or larger Smile so it does look crowded. But there is not much detail at all... Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???