This isn't right!
Trying hard to ignore this...look the other way...don't give into temptation...Quick, WALK AWAY NOW... Nope

GMD1

Resistance is futile..................... Wallbang

Mark
I don't wanna see the price ...don't even tell me .....I'm ignoring it completely ...gee I like the green / yellow .....ooops , I saw the price . Goldth

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Hello Mark---I know exactly how you feel---as an addicted Canadian National fan,this locomotive is going to be hard to resist,especially in that classic green/yellow/black livery.Did you know that Jason Schronn from Rapido Trains also has a future planned release of a Montreal locomotive Works FP4A and B diesel coming soon---another "must have" for my collection.I've also been waiting for the GMD FP9 which has been on order for some time---I'm starting to think about looking for a p/t job to suppliment my retirement pension so I can feed my addiction.I don't know what I will do if Jason starts producing Canadian steam locomotives Eek Eek Eek
Those would make a interesting locomotive for a freelance short line..

Thankfully I'm not interested.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Oh Myyyyy!!! Its a MP15 on steroids!!!
I must have one!!! Tongue
Carmine A. - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer! Tongue
Pacific Belt Model RR, Created 1975 - in my mind!
I soooo want one of those in N scale! In classic green of course Goldth

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Personally, it bugs me that a DC locomotive, with no bells and whistles, costs $225. I like details as much as the next modeler, but all I keep seeing is prices go up. What about this model make is that much more expensive? Is it a short run? Did I miss something?

This hobby is starting to really make me nuts when it comes to prices. I feel like even when I get things at a "discount", its only bringing the price down to "reasonable" from "ridiculous".
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
I do like the green/gold/black livery. Thumbsup
While I've always liked the CNR's green and gold paint scheme, it and almost all of their diesels, are too modern for my late-'30s layout. In the case of the GMD 1, it's never been one of my favourites, ranking way down the list near the BL 2 and low-nose GP 30s (neither of which were owned by CNR). Icon_lol

Conversely, FPA/B-4s and the GMD 1-related SW1200RS locos are right near the top of my list, although it's not a shopping list. Goldth

Wayne
Hard to resist, but I will... at least I should. The more you get, the less it has value in your eyes... Icon_lol

After GMD-1, M420 should be the next thing purely canadian to hit the market...

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
sailormatlac Wrote:Hard to resist, but I will... at least I should. The more you get, the less it has value in your eyes... Icon_lol

After GMD-1, M420 should be the next thing purely canadian to hit the market...

Matt

Didn't Kaslo shops make a kit of the M420?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Brakie Wrote:Those would make a interesting locomotive for a freelance short line..

Thankfully I'm not interested.

Yes and the Port Hapless & Quincy Railroad wants one...but being a borderline broke freelanced shortline it will have to wait and see... Icon_lol
PHQRR Welcome Welcome to Big Blue Trains !! Hope to see you around a bit more now that you have found us. Welcome
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:PHQRR Welcome Welcome to Big Blue Trains !! Hope to see you around a bit more now that you have found us. Welcome

Thanks! I hope to be in here every now and then.
...and if HO wasn't bad enough...the Dark Side is calling again...must resist...must resist...must resist...getting harder to resist...help...help me please!

GMD1 in N-Scale

Mark