Keeping the Brain Cells Active
Are you ready ...these questions can be tricky !

1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. ...What was the third child's name?

2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. ...What does he weigh?

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, ...what was the highest mountain in the world?

4. How much dirt is there in a hole ...that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

5. What word in the English Language ...is always spelled incorrectly?

6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. ....How is this possible?

7. In California , you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. ...Why not?

8. What was the President 's Name... in 1975?

9. If you were running a race, ...and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

10. Which is correct to say,... "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?

11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, ....how many haystacks would he have if he combined them
all in another field?

The answers later 357

T

Here are the Answers

1. Johnny 's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?

Answer: Johnny of course

2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?

Answer: Meat.

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. [ You're not very good at this are you?]

4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

Answer: There is no dirt in a hole.

5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly?

Answer: Incorrectly

6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?

Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere

7. In California , you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

Answer: You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures.

8. What was the President's Name in 1975?

Answer: Same as is it now - Barack Obama [Oh, come on ...]

9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first.

10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?

Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow [Duh]

11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in
another field?

Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
So how are your brain cells today ? .....yeah , same as mine Nope

T
Brain cells are working just fine, thank you.

I only missed the one about the wooden leg.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Wooden leg is the only one I missed as well...just didn't answer it.
willie
willie
FiatFan Wrote:Brain cells are working just fine, thank you.

I only missed the one about the wooden leg.

Tom
Me too!! Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I will admit I missed the first one. I guess it took one to get the brain in gear.
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
I got all 12 of them!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Here's a train-related (sorta) brain teaser, known as Smith, Robinson, and Jones.

Three railway men named Smith, Robinson, and Jones and three businessmen similarly named, live in the State of New York. The businessman Robinson and the brakeman live in Albany, the businessman Jones and the fireman live in Rochester, while the businessman named Smith and the engineer live halfway between these two cities. The brakeman's namesake earns $3,500 a year (this is from a book published in 1949 Misngth ); the engineer earns one third of the business man nearest him. The railway man Smith beats the fireman at billiards. Name the engineer.
Missed the one about the haystacks.... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
doctorwayne Wrote:Here's a train-related (sorta) brain teaser, known as Smith, Robinson, and Jones.

Three railway men named Smith, Robinson, and Jones and three businessmen similarly named, live in the State of New York. The businessman Robinson and the brakeman live in Albany, the businessman Jones and the fireman live in Rochester, while the businessman named Smith and the engineer live halfway between these two cities. The brakeman's namesake earns $3,500 a year (this is from a book published in 1949 Misngth ); the engineer earns one third of the business man nearest him. The railway man Smith beats the fireman at billiards. Name the engineer.

I'll name him Frederick.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
doctorwayne Wrote:Here's a train-related (sorta) brain teaser, known as Smith, Robinson, and Jones.

[Image: smiley-think001.gif]
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Spock says: "insufficient data to draw a logical conclusion, therefore, the answer must be illogical". That sounds logical....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Spock never lies!

I'll go with Smith.

No one notice when I said I got all 12 of em' that there are only 11?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Spock never lies!

I'll go with Smith.

No one notice when I said I got all 12 of em' that there are only 11?

I got all 10 of them.... uh, what do you mean that there were 11...sheesh... :oops:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yes Mike , I noticed the 12 reference , but I thought you would be thinking " they didn't notice I said 12 answers to 11 questions " , but I did notice that so I thought you might respond to the "12 questions vis-à-vis 11 answers " so I laid low Confusedhock: ....and you said it first , so .......what was the question ?? Eek

T Goldth 357 Goldth 357