The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Good morning. It's 80° with 81% humidity. The high will be 92° with some clouds and a small chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. I have no plans today so I'll probably just be watching some movies and taking it easy.

[Image: P1010037-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010001-69.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6449.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Just a short update, but the other day I mentioned about the shooting of one Catholic priest and the beating of another in the rectory of a church in downtown Phoenix. Well, apparently, the guy left enough DNA behind so that the police made an arrest. They have not released any other information, but you have to commend the quick work of the Phoenix police dept. Thumbsup The one priest that was beaten is now out of ICU, so if there's any good news here, this is it... Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Wow 2 pages behind again been a talkative weekend. That's meant in a good way. Well sales weren't that good this weekend but then again fathers day I guess I was just hoping to much. Cut front yard this am may go back out in a few on do back yard there's not a lot to do but just getting so hot and humid. Just cooling off a little and re-hydrating again. Drinking some water so will see might go back out there now starting to feel better and want to get it done.
Talk to you all later.
WARNING This veteran is medicated for your protection

visit my web page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/">http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/</a><!-- m --> also <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com">http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com</a><!-- m -->
We got a big rain storm here. Looking out the door I can barely see the neighbors trailer and it's only forty some feet away.

The nurse showed up at 1:10. She did a good job of replacing the wound vac dressing. I almost didn't make it there as the van wouldn't start. Ended up taking the cables loose from the positive clamp and cleaning all that up then put it back together. After that it started fine.

This morning I was working on a disk drive. This required that the ribbon cable be disconnected from it. I pulled on the crimp connector on the end of the cable and it came apart with the end result of the plug and cable parting company. I crimped them back together and reattached it to the drive and tested it. It worked, so I carefully detached it from the drive and super glued the connector and cable together like they should have been originally.
Collector of Apple //e's

Hi all,

been busy with the summer challenge, so here is a pic of what I have been working on and 3 pics of my latest additions to my fleet of 1:64 and 1:43 Coca cola vehicles.

Your structure is looking pretty good.

Good evening. Not a whole lot happened today.

As said earlier I had a disk drive cable come apart. It was easily repaired. Being reluctant to depend on the crimp connector to hold together by friction (it apparently hadn't before) I super-glued it together. It shouldn't fall apart now.

I took another look at the DVD backup I made of the SD cards yesterday. Just as I suspected. The entries had been saved as shortcuts. Not what I wanted. I deleted all that, set up new folders then dragged and dropped all the information I needed to their respective folders. Now it's all saved as files as I'd intended, not shortcuts. I had enough space left so I dragged over the directory with all my Car Talk podcasts. That took up a little over four gigs of space. No, I don't have an iPod. The podcasts play just as well on my PC's Mediaplayer.

Nothing much else other than watching a couple of movies. At the moment I'm watching called 'Knight and Day'. A woman unwittingly becomes ensnared in a deadly global adventure when she becomes the reluctant partner of a fugitive spy. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan but it's been pretty good so far.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6466.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6475.jpg]

[Image: P1010001-65.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good very early morning all.

Thanks RB, the tower portion of my coaling tower has a lot more to be done, the pic was a test to see if I had a decent height from bottom of tower to the tender sitting on a section of Lionel 3 rail track as luck would have it looks about right.

The coaling tower is based on an ho kit by model power with some minor changes in design. I have tried to make it "feel" right at home with S and O gauge trains.

I have been imagineering this structure as I build it.
Good morning. It's 77° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92°, cloudy with a small chance of rain.
Morning: [Image: condmc-1.jpg] Afternoon: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Nothing planned for today other than cleaning one of the //e's Lobo drives. That'll take less than five minutes. Other than that I'll probably watch some movies and maybe work on another loco.

[Image: P1010001-64.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-60.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6449.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 78 degrees, 90 by afternoon.
With some help from a friend I got some work done in the train room yesterday.
Then we made a trip to our favorite train store. Engine shelf is kinda bare as no new ones have arrived.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
548 train Cheers S.J.
WARNING This veteran is medicated for your protection

visit my web page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/">http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/</a><!-- m --> also <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com">http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com</a><!-- m -->
Good noon (here anyway) everyone. Weather-wise, we're well below any records which appear to be 115 or more for this entire week, and even a good five degrees below averages. No biggie, I'm happy this way, but I know that change is in the wind.

Speaking of wind, we have yet another fire in the same area of Oak Creek Canyon as the one a few weeks ago, plus a few more throughout the state. California and New Mexico are getting their share too, but I think the big new is those areas hit by tornadoes. We wish them all well...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
The hottest day of the year here so far at 92 degrees, keep in mind we had an extended winter weather pattern this year. Oh and in Ohio when it goes from hot in the day to cool at night we have severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. They mostly come at us here from the south west heading north east. Xenia Ohio seems to get hit the most. Twice in my life time I had been caught outside in a tornado once as a toddler about 4ish that time I remember the sky had turned an unusually gold brown color it was very spooky out but sisters grabbed me took inside to the basement. The other time I was at a state park camping as a teen parents were grilling it got so dark that you could not see more than 2 feet away and the air was kinda heavy but still we all grabbed ahold of a post on the picnic shelter as the only low laying spot was a drainage ditch that went down to a creek. After it was done and over the park ranger was making the rounds and was surprised to find us in the shelter eating our diner. I got lucky twice do not intend be caught outside in any kind of storm a third time, tornados are not to be taken lightly and are very unpredictable.
Greeting, gang.

Cloudy, muggy, and 82 degrees this evening. Overnight low is supposed to be about 69 and still muggy so sleeping should not be easy to come by tonight without mechanical assistance (a fan in the window). Overnight we had 3 inches of rain.

My Fair Lady and I had our visit with the doctor this morning after the CT scan and she is showing definite signs of improvement. After visiting with the doctor we had our fourth of six chemo treatments. After the last one we will have another scan and decide from there what is the best course of action.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good evening all,

too tired to do much else today, work was a blast I got stuck mostly feeding an add that had too much curl too it causing all kind of trouble lights to turn on and get the attention of the mechanics and supervisors after several attempts we did get it to feed decent just in time to switch over to another run for a different paper.
Good evening. It's still 80+ here and very humid. We got a little rain, just two tenths of an inch.

I spent some time this afternoon making up and printing index cards for my floppy disk storage cases. Seven cases, seven index cards. Normally I'd have to make up a template card from scratch but I got lucky. One of the cases had an unmarked factory index card in it so I scanned it and that became my template. It was an easy matter from there to use MS Paint to type the diskette titles onto it and then print it on card stock then blank the titles and start again for the next case. Each index card has two columns of lines for titles. The title on side A goes on a line in the left column and the title for side B (if any) goes in the column on the right.

I knocked an FP7 off the layout while working on the labels. Only minimal damage. The horn was broken off. So when I can afford it I'll have to get some horns unless I luck out and find some here.

Other than the above I've been watching some movies. Got 'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol' going right now.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010004-39.jpg]

[Image: P1010015-5.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6481.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's