The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, today should be another nice day, five degrees below average, and fifteen degrees below the record, meaning that we will barely get into the triple-digits. A rarity for this time of the year.

They almost have contained that new fire up in Oak Creek Canyon, but there are still ten wildfires burning throughout Arizona and still no rain in sight. We have less than one inch of rain so far this year here in the Phoenix area, just about 2.25" down from normal. I think they're saying that we had a "trace" of rain back in April.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning. It's 78° with 92% humidity. The high will be 92° with a small chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Not much going on today. Just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call so I'm not doing anything that can't be interrupted. I really get irked when I'm in the middle of a critical project and somebody demands that I be elsewhere or do something for them that they should have had done yesterday.

So today I'll be watching another movie or two. I'm sure something else will turn up.

[Image: P1010001-62.jpg]

[Image: P1010004-38.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-55.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Afternoon all. HOT AND HUMID!!!! 100+ heat indices. Had ride over with DOT on Rolesville By-pass due for completion in late Sept. Staying in this afternoon. Watch some DVR'd hunting and train shows.

San Marino Mayor resigns. Stupid to resign over a bag of dog poop but stupid to do that too. Hope he was not like a lot of the CA Mayors and Councilpersons. 6 figure salaries. Nope

Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue
After early morning storms we now have sun and 77 degrees.
No news, just checking in.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon all. HOT AND HUMID!!!! 100+ heat indices. Had ride over with DOT on Rolesville By-pass due for completion in late Sept. Staying in this afternoon. Watch some DVR'd hunting and train shows.

San Marino Mayor resigns. Stupid to resign over a bag of dog poop but stupid to do that too. Hope he was not like a lot of the CA Mayors and Councilpersons. 6 figure salaries. Nope

Later

Yeah, I just saw that video a few minutes ago, then a few seconds after that, and again and again. I think the TV piece had to have showed it at least ten times and I wonder if they think we missed it the first nine times, or that they're too dumb to find another way to do the story. You know, it boggles my mind that he resigned over a bag of dog poop, but yet the Toronto mayor is still doing his thing. Throwing a bag of poop is a ticketable offense, using illegal drugs should have put Rob Ford in jail... That's just my opinion.

Those other scabs getting six-figure salaries that just about bankrupt the town are now earning twenty-five cents an hour cleaning toilets or working in the prison laundry. It's good to know that these are the exceptions, and that there are indeed those that are dedicated people doing the jobs they were elected to do. Thumbsup

They say that temps in some parts of our valley won't reach 100 today. Whoopie, 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Spent a lot of time today playing old computer games. Things like Pacman, Stargate, Q-Bert, Asteroids, Battle Zone, Frogger and some others. Sure beat sitting around watching the TV.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010006-30.jpg]

[Image: P1010007-18.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6485.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Morning all. Hotter and more humid than yesterday. Going to be rough on the ladies at Pinehurst. Some cooling next few days. Mayor's stuff today.
Have a good one.
Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 64. Hi 70s for today.
No train news, just checking in.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning, yesterday was well below average, some spots around here not even hitting the 100 mark. Today will be just about average, and now they're saying that by tomorrow it's going to be 110. Wow, and I just got our first summer power bill, $262.51, Icon_twisted :cry: I'm guessing that it can only go up from there, at least until October...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Wow, and I just got our first summer power bill, $262.51, Icon_twisted :cry: I'm guessing that it can only go up from there, at least until October...
I got mine last week. $66. It'll probably get up close to $100 at the hottest part of the summer. Part of that is I constantly have a lot of electronic stuff going including at least one vintage computer system.

Good morning. It's 80° with 78% humidity. The high will be 92° and sunny with a small chance of rain.
[Image: cond026.gif] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

This morning I decided it was high time I print an up to date listing of my Apple SD cards. I also wanted a look that would be in keeping with the age of the //e. So I used the ImageWriter II dot matrix printer. The result is five pages that have the look and feel of a bygone age. There's just no way to get either the look or feel of a document printed on a dot matrix printer with today's inkjet printers. A Laser printer may be capable of producing the look but it can't produce the feel of the impact of the pins.

No plans for today other than the usual. Watching a movie or two, playing some old computer games or as my friend David says prehistoric games.

I won't be here tomorrow morning. I have a doctors appointment in Oakdale. That's about an eighty mile trip then there's the wait in the waiting room, the time with the doc and however long it takes for him to do what he has to do then the trip back. Knowing my father he's going to want to get breakfast on the way there and get lunch on the way back so that's moire time. So I should be back home sometime in the afternoon.

That's all for now.

[Image: DSCN6490.jpg]

[Image: P1010001-57.jpg]

[Image: 253-1.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good evening all, heavy rain and thunderstorms last night here.

Another day, more games played on the //e and a movie watched along with an episode of 'The Bionic Woman' and a couple of episodes of 'The Six Million Dollar Man'. A friend came over and had some fun playing games on the //e as well. He really got locked in on 'Defender'. After you fly around shooting at aliens for a while daily life can seem sorta dull.

As I said this morning, I won't be here tomorrow morning as I have a doc appointment in Oakdale. Nothing major. He's just gonna cut away some thickened skin around the edge of the wound. It's slowing the healing so it has to go. One nice thing about it, I won't feel a thing while he's doing it. Yeah, neuropathic nerve damage can get that bad. In my case it's more or less permanent and effects my hands and arms as well. I should be back home by mid afternoon.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

--- END OF LINE ---

[Image: P1010005-26.jpg]

[Image: P1010003-38.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6495.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Well I'm up earlier than the planned 6am wake-up. The wound vac dressing started fouling up last night. About 2:15 the vac unit started sounding off various alarms. I'd reset it and it'd just sound off again five to ten minutes later. I even resorted to cutting the film away from the dressing and re-sheeting it. No joy there. So it must be a blockage where the suction head picks up from the filter. Only way to correct that is to remove everything and go all new. Can't do it as I don't have any of the supplies here. All that stuff is kept at my fathers place as that's where the nurse changes the dressing.

Now that I'm up it's not sounding off so much but if I lay back down it'll go crazy. Not my first rodeo with these things. Tired as I am I couldn't get back to sleep no matter how badly I want too. So might as well do my morning post.

Good morning. It's 73° with 96% humidity. Looks like it'll be somewhat cloudy with a high of 92°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Just waiting for the alarm to go off. It's set for 6:00. That'll give me two hours to prepare for the trip to Oakdale. Glad I won't be driving. The doc I'll be seeing is a good one and he doesn't give me a prescription for anything unless I absolutely need it. So many others try to load their patients up with stuff they don't need. I've had a few of those and I always changed to another doc at the earliest opportunity. One of the things I look for is can I understand the doc. Accent is a big factor. The way my hearing works is that everything I hear is just jumbled up noise that I have to translate into something that sounds like normal speech. Lip reading goes into that a bit too. Between what I can decode of the speech and what I can see I usually get it right. Talking to someone on the phone I get about seventy-five percent of it if it's clear. If the person has a heavy accent forget it. I'll get about four words in ten. This makes learning another language hard but not impossible. I've done it several times.

Well, time to get on with the day.

[Image: P1010009-12.jpg]

[Image: P1010007-16.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6449.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Morning all. Not as hot and still humid. Did get a short shower yesterday afternoon. Need more rain. Maybe today.

Golden Corral is have a "poker run" tomorrow for the final $$ for this year's Camp Corral. Helping with the admin part tomorrow AM until 4. So far, enough $$$ to send 50 kids to camp.

Wifey home today. Run errands together.

Later
Chief, that's great. I remember when I was a kid, someone sent me to camp for a week, it's a vague memory, but a good one. My wife also spent time in camp thanks to drives like this one. Good luck.... Thumbsup

Temps to go up today and will be around 110 (+/-) for the next week or so. Still, the record temps for the next few days are are around 115. I hope we don't try to approach next Wednesday's record though, that was back in 1990 with an all-time high of 122. Eek We are in our 109th day without even a trace of rain, it appears that we just might break the record of 116 consecutive days without rain. Hey, we even got both our vehicles washed the other day, almost guaranteeing that it would rain.... but it didn't. Sad
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and