The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning Blue
We have clouds and 64 degrees
A weather report is it for today, I'm just checking in.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Just got back from the doc appointment in Oakdale a little while ago and put in a call to Home Health to send a nurse out tomorrow to put a wound vac dressing on my foot. The doc removed the old dressing, did what he needed to do then did an overall inspection of the foot. He likes what he sees and said to call in and schedule an appointment when I think it's needed.

We stopped at B.J.'s Diner in town on the way back home and had the lunch special. Pork roast, black-eye peas, cabbage, mashed potatoes and a rather large roll.

I'm at my father's place at the moment but will be returning home within the hour.

[Image: P1010388.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Good evening. It's 81° with a small chance of showers and thunderstorms.

The visit to the doc in Oakdale went very well. Even so it was a miserable day for me for the most part. The wound vac was really cutting up bad last night and as a result I didn't get much sleep. When we set out this morning I was very tired and my eyes hurt badly if bright light hit them. I've never been one that was able to sleep in a moving vehicle bot this morning I was so exhausted I did. I got about an hours worth of sleep going to Oakdale so when we got there I at least didn't look like I going to fall over. Sure felt like it though. The doc removed the wound vac dressing, examined the wound, liked what he saw the trimmed up the edges a bit then applied a wet to dry dressing and wrapped it up. On the way back to Leesville I got a bit more sleep. Tells you how tired I was. We stopped at BJ's Diner in Leesville for lunch then headed home. I called Home Health from my fathers place and arranged for a nurse to come out tomorrow and apply a new wound vac dressing. Then I went home and slept a few more hours. Now I feel better and my eyes don't hurt anymore despite being in a brightly lit room.

Tomorrow is laundry day so that'll serve two purposes. Getting the foot seen to and getting laundry done. All I've done today besides what's above is watch part of a James Bond movie. 'Goldfinger'.

Time for me to call it a night. Despite the sleep earlier I'm still quite tired. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: 270.jpg]

[Image: 2683.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6506.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Greetings, gang.

Warm and humid tonight. Right now it's 75 degrees, a temperature normally only found in July and August around here.

Yesterday I started working on the track for the outdoor layout. Got the section removed and was adjusting the tie strip and noticed it seemed to be getting darker. Checked the radar, put my tools away, and My Fair Lady and I sat on the porch and watched a noisy thunderstorm. We got about a quarter inch of rain. Then I took the park bench apart and got the boards sanded.

Today it was too wet to work on the track as we had a dense fog lat night. I skipped the gym and the bike ride today as the big toe on my left foot was rather sore. While I was hanging the boards up to be stained, one of them fell on the aforementioned toe. Boy, did that hurt! Today it's all black and blue and there's a nice gash on the top. I had planned on mowing the yard today but by the time the grass was dry it was too hot and humid to work outside so that will be on my agenda for tomorrow morning. After lunch I made the rounds of the grocery stores picking up much needed items. I also got the boards for the bench stained and will start varnishing them tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning. It's 73° with 95% humidity. The high will be 92° with a small chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Still not feeling good today. I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse to call then I'll head over to my fathers place with a couple of bags of laundry. At least I'll get something accomplished today. I don't feel like doing anything else.

[Image: 2682.jpg]

[Image: P1010017-5.jpg]

[Image: P1010007-13.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning to you all, and let me be the first (and probably the only) one to wish you a happy summer solstice. Big Grin At one time, a long time ago, this day was cause for celebration in places around the world. Today, here in our area, we're looking at, 14 hours, 23 minutes of daylight and no celebrations planned. Nope It didn't get dark last night until well after 8:00, that's why we don't have DST here in Arizona, we do not need to stretch the daylight hours and the heat that goes with it.

Rubber stamp the weather report, above average temps into the 110's, not quite a record, and no rain in sight. Humidity could get into the single digits, as usual. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good Morning All! Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then we had our first open house yesterday and once we stomped the start up gremlins things smoothed out. I had 2 derailments in the first 15 minutes the oddest was a truck failure on a Roundhouse FMC 50' boxcar.-the screw dropped from the truck with the expected results.. :oops: After that 8 hours and 45 minutes of derailment free operation.
The mystery question is how did I overlooked a lose truck screw when I inspected the cars I was going to use last Sunday? Confusedhock:

One thing I gotta share by 4 o'clock I was pretty wore down and I found coffee is indeed the nectar of the Gods.A follow club member bought a cup of coffee for us and that perked me up and I was good to go until closing.

Have a good'un! Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 67 degrees
A steam expo in Michigan this weekend so what happens to me. An achy nasty cold. that's what.
There was some WW2 operating airplanes and a car exhibit as well.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Went down to my fathers place to meet the nurse and get my foot tended to. Took two bags of laundry with me and got that going before she arrived. She was there and gone before the wash was done. Another hour and it was all dried. Spent some time talking with my step mother then headed home. So far that's been my day.
Collector of Apple //e's

Not much going on here today. As said previous I got the foot taken of and got some laundry done. I've used most of the time since then watching TV. Finished watching 'Goldfinger' from last night then started in on watching some original series Star Trek episodes. I have all three seasons. Currently watching an episode called 'Mudd's Women' starring Roger C. Carmel (9/27/1932 - 11/11/1986). He was in another original series Star Trek episode called 'I, Mudd'. He was also in one episode of 'Star Trek: The Animated Series' of which I also have the complete set. Other than that I took some time to change out a disk drive on the //e. Now that I know the modified A9M0107 Platinum drives will operate with new problem I switched one of the out with a Mitac Disk II clone that I modified with a toggle switch to turn the write protect function on and off as needed.

My father just brought me five fried catfish filets so there's no question of what's for dinner.

That's all for now. Be back later.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good evening. It's 81° here with a very damp feeling 79% humidity with a 5mph southwest wind. Looks like we got storms moving in overnight and may have a shot at a somewhat fair chance of showers and thunderstorms tomorrow.

Well I reported on everything of note earlier that I did today so there's little point in repeating it. Here's a quick rundown anyway:

Got foot tended to.
Got some laundry done.
Spent quite a bit of time watching TV. It didn't try to run away.
Changed out a disk drive for the heck of it.

Still watching the Star Trek original series episodes. Up to episode 10 now, 'What Are Little Girls Made Of', featuring Michael Strong, Sherry Jackson, Ted Cassidy and Harry Basch.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some good sleep tonight.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: 252.jpg]

[Image: 248.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6512.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Running Bear Wrote:Not much going on here today. As said previous I got the foot taken of and got some laundry done. I've used most of the time since then watching TV. Finished watching 'Goldfinger' from last night then started in on watching some original series Star Trek episodes. I have all three seasons. Currently watching an episode called 'Mudd's Women' starring Roger C. Carmel (9/27/1932 - 11/11/1986). He was in another original series Star Trek episode called 'I, Mudd'. He was also in one episode of 'Star Trek: The Animated Series' of which I also have the complete set. Other than that I took some time to change out a disk drive on the //e. Now that I know the modified A9M0107 Platinum drives will operate with new problem I switched one of the out with a Mitac Disk II clone that I modified with a toggle switch to turn the write protect function on and off as needed.

My father just brought me five fried catfish filets so there's no question of what's for dinner.

That's all for now. Be back later.

I remember those episodes of star trek. Icon_lol
Off to work here in a few,

Over did the grass cutting Friday, had to stop due to headache, nausea and over heated.

Did a little bit of work on summer challenge(coal tower looks like a bumble bee at the moment) painted the roofs and did a test coat on the mechanical house will mix up some brown and yellow paint to tone it down some, the trim on the house and the coal tower will be chocolate brown.

AF350: The coaling tower is looking really good. I used to have a plastic model, Model Power I think that was very similar.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning. It's 77° with 93% humidity. The high will be 92°, cloudy with a small chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Nothing in particular planned for today but I'm sure something will turn up. There's lots to be done here but I can't do lots of it.

[Image: 246.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0006-2.jpg]

[Image: 236.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's