The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning Blue
We have clouds and 70 degrees.
I wish I had some great news for you but I don't.
Charlie is at his cabin talking about fishing and I'm sitting here nursing a cold.
Baa humbug.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all. Not much to say. Temps will be pushing 110, windy and low humidity makes for a lot of static when you go to open a door or touch anything metal. Just one of the hazards of living here. If it's metal and inside, you're going to get bit by static electricity when you touch it. If it's metal and outside, you'll get burned if you touch it. It's tricky getting into your car when it's 110 out and it's been sitting in the sun for an hour or more. My truck has a remote starter, and I can cool it down before I get in, just that I forget to do that about 95% of the time. 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays - That is one helluva hot day you describe. I hop it does not get that hot here this year. I has from time to time.

Hi guys. I was at Jeff's trailer last week and I played some games on his A2e computer and got hooked - BIG TIME! I told him I want one and he said look in the closet, choose 1 and it is yours. I have picked out what I want and I can see I will have to make more than one trip to get it home. I picked a computer with a numbers keypad. He says it is a model a2s2128. He gave me two of his better disc drive units. Unit 1 is a Lobo. Unit 2 is a 4th dimension. They come with a control board. Here is a pic.

[Image: DSCN6516_zps5e513c69.jpg]

Not in the pic is a joystick.

The main software is a pair of system discs for applesoft and prodos. He said they are different languages and cannot run each others programs. I am getting programs in both so he says I need both of them. Included are discs for Applewriter 2, Computer inspector, Copy 2 plus, Disk muncher.

I have picked some games; They are:

Lode runner
Pacman - I got hooked it when I was a kid.
Championship lode runner
Castle wolfenstien
Star fleet 1
Defender
Stargate - Jeff says I will get my butt kicked into last week.
Revenge of lode runner
Burgertime - much harder than it looks.
Hell house - he says I will never win!
Star wars
Zork 1,2 and 3.
Moonmist - another game he says I will not win.
D-day
Native fury - 3 disc set and very hard to win.
Jungle hunt
Mario brothers.
Marble madness
Frogger.
David Parks
Good evening. It's 75° here and with 93% humidity it feels real wet. There's a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms tonight so I have the emergency light back in the bedroom on It won't start running on the battery until the power goes. I also have an Energizer LED headlight up here next to the //e right where I can grab it if needed.

Well today I didn't get much done. I got one of the //e computer systems out of the house. It's new owner is quite happy with it. I didn't do anything else other than watch movies and give some computer related advice.

Well that's it. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: IMAGE13.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE14.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6522.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Good morning. It's 75° with 99% humidity. The high will be 92° and cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

Today is Monday and I'll be waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. This dressing did all right most of the time since Saturday but early this morning it started becoming what I call a real problem child. Low pressure alerts, blockage alarms and each time none such existed. It's amazing how much havoc a tiny vacuum leak can cause. As for the rest of the day, I have no idea what I'll be doing. Most likely watch TV and play some computer games. Why don't I play my favorite games on my PC? Because Windows stinking eight won't run any of them! I tell you, I hate Windows eight.

[Image: P1010004-26.jpg]

[Image: P1010007-12.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0006-1.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Greetings, gang.

Looks to be a Chamber of Commerce day today. Clear skies, light breezes, low humidity, and a high of about 80. Same for tomorrow. Then on Wednesday the rain chances move back into town along with the humidity.

Saturday I finally got the yard mowed and trimmed. Also worked some more on the outdoor track. It's repaired and works like it's supposed to. Ran the Afternoon Special for a couple laps to test it. Sunday was mostly a tv watching day. F1 in the morning and TNT on Sunday evening. Yesterday afternoon I did get the first coat of varnish on the boards for the park bench that sits outside our back door. Today I should get a couple more coats on. Hopefully I should be able to get the project finished by Wednesday. Also on the agenda for today will be a trip to the gym and whatever else comes up that will get me outdoors.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Looks to be a Chamber of Commerce Sunday was mostly a tv watching day. F1 in the morning and TNT on Sunday evening.
Tom

Tom...Who shows F1 nowadays..?? It's been a long time since I've been able to see it...
Gus (LC&P).
Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 73 degrees, storms expected before the day is over.
I too was lazy yesterday, Watched the LPGA from NC. I have never seen fairways looking that bad for a pro golf tournament before. (brown from lack of water)
Toss in a nap, news and Columbo you got my day.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Steamtrains Wrote:Tom...Who shows F1 nowadays..?? It's been a long time since I've been able to see it...
Usually NBCSports (formerly Versus) but the next three races will be on CNBC because NBCSports is showing the Tour de France.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Speaking of cars,

There was a Cobra show in London Ohio Saturday, found out by e-mail from Factory 5 trouble is did not check e-mail till late Sunday night Sad Missed a chance to see original cobras next to Factory 5 replica kit cars 35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spent most of the day painting and 3D printing while listening to music files from Johnny Cash and blue grass to 70's and 80's pop music (rock, pop and some parity songs)

Met the nurse at my fathers place and got my wound vac dressing changed. I stayed for lunch which was chili dogs. Tried some Heinz Hot and Saucy ketchup. It has Tabasco in it. I'll have to get some next time I go grocery shopping.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good afternoon, a bit late in the day, but we've been busy. Temp on my outdoor thermometer reads 111, but the weather channel says it's only 103. The weather station for our city is about 10 miles to the north in wide open country, so it could be a bit cooler up there. The reading for Phoenix is 107. That's at the airport, about 20 miles to the southeast of us.

Speaking of Phoenix, they had a derailment of four cars right in the downtown area. Some of the cars contain sulfuric acid , so Hazmat is on the scene, but no leaks. The nearest crane in in Tucson, so it'll be a while before they get them back on the tracks. The 7th St. overpass was shut down for a while, but since there's nothing leaking, they've opened it up again. Not real big news, Nope not like derailments in other parts of the country, :o but hey, it's all we have to talk about for now. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Eek Hot sauce ketchup Eek

Bring on the shoestring French fries Popcornbeer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winding down for the day as have to show up at work in the morning then off till Sunday.

a better pic of what I was printing today while painting and testfitting light(s) on my summer 2014 challenge project.

Good evening. 80 here with humidity almost that high. There's a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow.

Aside from my other activities today I had to repair a disk drive. It was going fine then it went pop and some smoke came out of it. A quick inspection revealed a capacitor that had some grayish black goo leaking out of it. No problem to replace. Clip the leads at each end and straighten then so they're vertical. Get a junk analog board from the closet, cut it's leads at the board and straighten them so they're horizontal, lay it in place and solder the horizontal leads to the vertical leads and the repair was made. I put the drive back together, tested it with favorable results and put it back in service.

Everything else worthy of note was reported earlier.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010011-8.jpg]

[Image: Tyco-building.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6506.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning everyone, we're a bit late getting up this morning and I see where it's a cool one. Only 75 and it's already past 5:30. Weather-wise, we're looking at a very average day, 75 low, 106 high. We are in our 114th day without rain. I looked it up and one site says that our longest no rain streak is 116 days, but the weather gal says 160 days. It's not the first time I found discrepancies, I'm not sure where some of these people get their data from. We all know that you can trust all the information that you find on the Internet..... don't we??????????? Nope 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and