Freelance 2013-2 (MAW)
colinw62 Wrote:Any chance you could post a list of the kits you have used for the grain facility?

Cheers

Colin

This is the list of Cornerstone kits used in the complex. The numbers are the Walthers part numbers for easy reference.

933-2935 Modern Grain Series Kits- Surge Bin (2)
933-2936 Modern Grain Series Kits - Conveyor
933-2937 Modern Grain Series Kits - Storage Bins
933-2940 Modern Grain Series Details - Conveyor Bridge & Support Tower
933-3124 Grain Conveyor
933-3128 Grain Dryer
933-31123 Big Grain Storage Bin
933-3022 Concrete Grain Elevator
Reinhard
Reinhard, great work, great arrangement and composition of different kits.
I'm enjoyed to see you very different ideas and their fast realizing to very good looking factories. Congratulations!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Reinhard,

Another nice addition to your layout Thumbsup This is somewhat late but here's a pic of the truck unloader at Perdue in South Jersey. If your interested there was an article in Railroad Model Craftsman that had a diagram of a similar unloader that I could look up for you.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Bruce, I saw such an unloader at plant. It is really impressive but it would be is not at the rural county side. I assume the installation in NJ is not a simple grain elevator serving local farmers of a small village.

Got some different green stuff yesterday and ran a first test with a mix of grass and my Noch grasmaster on the last 10 inch of my stub tracks. While it is to uniform and may be it is a bit to much it looks good in general and the track is still fully operational. I will proceed on that way to do more Maumee & Western tracks on my layout.

[Image: file_zps44942b5d.jpg]

A major green attack is in progress. No train service all day until the glue has set and the vacuum soaked it up again. The old Grasmaster 1 is not as strong as it should be. The far majority of the grass is flat on the ground.

[Image: file_zpsbe8c16c7.jpg]
[Image: file_zpsbb361a8b.jpg]
Reinhard
The vacuum session is over and I see my green layout the first time. The green changed the layout dramatically. I have to get used to it after a long time of SoCal sand.
A lot of shrubs, clusters of vegetation and weed will be added during the next time to transform todays golf course into a rural area.

[Image: file_zps0787048c.jpg]
[Image: file_zpsffa171ba.jpg]
[Image: file_zpsb2b0dad4.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,

I'm amazed on how fast you are able to work, great job. If your ever in the States open invitation to come to TX and help me with mine Icon_lol . Hope to get a jump my FWWR layout this weekend.

Wayne
Wayne Snyder
Creating the Ft Worth Sub - FWWR
The open invitation also applies to Canada as well---very impressive work as always Reinhard
Thumbsup
Looks wonderful !
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
I really like the look of run-down over-grown rails on a layout, you definitely got it right.

Also that truck unloader is crazy, why not just let the trailer do the work?
Thank you very much for the kind and encouraging words.

Weed and shrubs grow over night all over the place.
That completes the east industry and the east and center green projects. Next is the residential area at the west end of the layout.

[Image: file_zps2dd78d94.jpg]
[Image: file_zps718972d3.jpg]
[Image: file_zps4fd41630.jpg]

Preview of the area that will become a residential area.
[Image: file_zps0c77977c.jpg]
Reinhard
Again, really good modeling!
Addition: And very realsistic - seeing the newest pictures.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Great work as always Reinhard, the overgrown track looks very effective already, and with the addition of weeds will be amazing Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
About to change my mind...

The N. Main St. in Antwerp north of Woodcox St. is a nice area I intended to use as a reference for my planned residential area. It is in a small town located at the MAW and Google Street view is available. This is an example how it looks there: http://goo.gl/maps/Xfm6K

I did run the Main St. to the south until I met the center of the city and the tracks of the MAW. I was surprised. A beautiful small town like in a movie http://goo.gl/maps/4OLzM. That matches a lot of available kits.

I changed my mind and will place a commercial area on the free spot at the west end of my layout.
Reinhard
Rscott417 Wrote:I really like the look of run-down over-grown rails on a layout, you definitely got it right.

I'd wager its cheaper to maintain the one lift and also be able to service trailers that can't be dumped.
radivil Wrote:
Rscott417 Wrote:I really like the look of run-down over-grown rails on a layout, you definitely got it right.

I'd wager its cheaper to maintain the one lift and also be able to service trailers that can't be dumped.

I think the unloader as well as a trailer that unloads by tilting over the end are an exception at the local farming process. The standard are trucks/trailers that have an opening at the bottom. Unfortunately is that model not available in any shop at this time but the one I used was easy to get. That is the reason why I use such a none standard trailer.
Reinhard