Short line loco project
Except for needing handrails - that looks GREAT!! Big Grin
I've never got a look "under the hood" of one of these Geeps...
Now I see why they sell for an unreasonable amount of money on EvilBay!!! It's the SAME mechanism as my Kato GP35!! :hey:

I'm an old scratch builder and kitbasher myself. It's sad, how our hobby is now all profit driven, and most "hobbyists" are out of the business! Sad
I continue to do it, and fortunately, a few companies, like Cannon, Cal-Scale, Details West, and Tichy - still produce good CHEAP detail items!!! 2285_

What I don't have anymore, is a good Hobby Shop! Sad
Like you, I'm from Brooklyn (our hood has turned into Southern California!! Sad ). Grew up on LonGisland!! Tongue (exit 57, to the locals!)

Between Trainland in Lynbrook, and Willis in Mineola, and other locals - I NEVER had to mail-order!!
It's VERY different in the West! Sad
Carmine A. - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer! Tongue
Pacific Belt Model RR, Created 1975 - in my mind!
Here's the link to my latest superdetail project: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6742">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6742</a><!-- l -->

It's been lots of fun!
pacbelt Wrote:Except for needing handrails - that looks GREAT!! Big Grin
I've never got a look "under the hood" of one of these Geeps...
Now I see why they sell for an unreasonable amount of money on EvilBay!!! It's the SAME mechanism as my Kato GP35!! :hey:

I'm an old scratch builder and kitbasher myself. It's sad, how our hobby is now all profit driven, and most "hobbyists" are out of the business! Sad
I continue to do it, and fortunately, a few companies, like Cannon, Cal-Scale, Details West, and Tichy - still produce good CHEAP detail items!!! 2285_

What I don't have anymore, is a good Hobby Shop! Sad
Like you, I'm from Brooklyn (our hood has turned into Southern California!! Sad ). Grew up on LonGisland!! Tongue (exit 57, to the locals!)

Between Trainland in Lynbrook, and Willis in Mineola, and other locals - I NEVER had to mail-order!!
It's VERY different in the West! Sad

Even from Brooklyn, a lot of what I need is online. Trainworld/Trainland, The Red Caboose, and Willis Hobbies don't carry everything.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Here is the way I fixed some broken handrails , I used the insulation from some telephone wire reamed it out with a small drill bit glued it to the loco & slide the handrail in it . it can slide out if I have to take it apart, just like a short line would do break out the welder & fix it!!! Here is a pick of the air intake it can with the loco when I bought it I like it I'm keeping it!! I like the GP40 keep going with !!! A couple of months ago I passed by the NY&GL RR & they were putting a new front air-hose on But, they also had a couple of rattle cans of flat black that they were going around the loco & touching it up, that's the look I'm going for !!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is a couple of pics of some more work I did, The PRT made a couple of revenue moves this week so they went to the home depot & bought a couple of quarts of safety white & painted the hand rails!! Icon_lol & a little weathering!

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking great!!! Love the weathering! Cheers
Looking good, love the weathering on the trucks !
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string