New York & Atlantic Railway GP38-2
I've started the paint on one of my NY&A GP38-2s, this one will be #270. I was only able to paint one because i ran out of the right size trim tape. I'll order more and start on #271. I'm going to try and get the decals on this one tonight, just wanted to post some pics of the paint. I'll have to go back for some touch up here n there and it's not quite the correct shade of green but i'm happy with how it came out being this is the first locomotive i've painted myself. I'm also working on #261, I have the Athearn model but I removed the square filter box and replaced it with an angled one and i'm having trouble matching the paint and im considering stripping off the paint and repainting it so it will match.

[Image: dfc2c75a-ed81-4fea-96e1-74eecedda189_zpsd5ef8639.jpg]
[Image: 8146f313-9ec9-4fb3-b5ca-5708d8265dc8_zps1f3b27c4.jpg]
[Image: f5c98ced-a389-423c-8d7c-66ddc9a9a608_zpse60493c8.jpg]
[Image: 8e300683-b856-433d-82c0-93411f929223_zps135b730d.jpg]
And with decals. I was putting on the "Operation Life Saver" decals but the Micro Sol removed some black piant so another item added to the touch up list.
[Image: 2013-07-31_19-51-36_937_zps83c35420.jpg]
WOW, very nice job! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup I hope my NYA Geep will turn out as good as yours … and I will be doing only the easier old paint scheme. Really looking forward to seeing this beauty finished!
Kurt
Thanks Kurt, ill try to keep the updates more frequent..I work slowww.
That paint job is outstanding. It looks like a professional model.
Reinhard
Cheers VERY nicely done!!!
Thumbsup Cheers :o
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I never got around to finishing this model due to moving and it being packed away but really wanted to finish it. I was doing a random search of gp38s on Walthers and I came across new MTH NY&A gp38s in black and green paint expected to come out in June. My jaw dropped while releasing a big F-bomb, even my girlfriend recognized it and said "is that the train you've been trying to paint?"...why yes, yes it is. It pains me but I'll probably end up picking up both #270 & #271 and strip the paint off of the ones I started for another future project, maybe even NYA 261. Once they come out I'll post them and probably add some prototypical details and whatever else MTH leaves out or misses.
Or just repaint them with a paint roller like the NY&A did with some of their engines.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
You are so close to complete your engine. Just two more evenings and it is done. The hood looks rather good detailed (grab irons, lift rings etc.). What kind of drive do you have for your hood? I would proceed if the drive is a good one.
Reinhard
Mike if there was a small enough paint roller and I could get the effect of some of those horrible paint jobs they have I'd give it a try.
Reinhard it's an Atlas trainman model with a tsunami sound decoder. They do run well, i know most people have issues with Atlas in regards to dimensions of certain details but i like them and have no issues. I like models to look as close to prototype and realistic according to my eyes. I like details like correct horn style and location, grab irons, windshield wipers, lift rings etc. so when it comes down to fans and radiator grilles i can look past certain parts and dimensions. The only real modification I made to these 2 were the electric cabinets which I got help from you guys in another thread, and the only reason i changed it was because it was interfering with a correct paint job.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6891">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6891</a><!-- l -->
Rscott417 Wrote:.....it's an Atlas trainman model with a tsunami sound decoder.....
That is the ultimate perfect drive.
Reinhard
Yea I'm happy with it, does what I need it to do.
The plain green and green with the white stripe wasn't so bad.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I like that scheme also which is why I'm glad #261 is still in that livery. When they repainted 261 they didn't change it to the black and green, kept the all green with white stripe and added the white roof. I'll be modeling 261 for sure.