sweethome alabama
Hi guys

last weekend i was helping my mate Jon Grant operate his Sweethome Alabama layout at Hull exhibition thought i'd share a few photo's with you.

He's added extensions to either end, one is a lumber loading point the other is a propane unloading point.

timber loading

propane tank extension

If you want to see anymore photo's let me know.

Ray
It is a small world, I am friend of Jons and his layouts are awesome!
Thanks for sharing the photos, I've not seen the extensions before. Jon does great work.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Jon really does great work and I have enjoyed all of his layouts. His scenery is very realistic and well done.

Maybe some one else who is a fire fighter can comment on the site safety for the gas distributor but in my experience as a railroader , usually those facilities are not found close to wooded areas nor are there many weeds or grass in evidence around the pumps or the storage tanks. Could it be because they are a fire hazard or maybe just the facilities I switched were a bit cleaner?

Barry
Maybe some one else who is a fire fighter can comment on the site safety for the gas distributor but in my experience as a railroader , usually those facilities are not found close to wooded areas nor are there many weeds or grass in evidence around the pumps or the storage tanks.
------------------------------------------------
All the propane tanks/dealers I seen has been in a clean area with a concrete access road..The propane tanks at industries is also in a cleared area.

Doesn't seem to be any pressure release vents on those tanks either-I notice a lot of tank kits lack that safety feature.

I would think twice about stomping around those tanks since all those weeds would be welcome by Mr. & Mrs. Fangs as they lay in wait for supper.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!