Flatt Bear
Yeah, that's right, a bear that talks and competes with humans. Our illustrious webmaster "packey", or as I've know him all his life as, Pat, or "PJ Day" is a cartoonist in his own right. This week he launched his own web site with his first public cartoon, "Flatt Bear". He plans on updating it with a new cartoon every Mon, Wed, and Fri, so go take a look right here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flattbear.com/">http://www.flattbear.com/</a><!-- m --> . Stop by frequently, add this URL to you favorites or bookmarks. Thumbsup

He's done a lot for us here, and now he wants to entertain us as well. 357 I'm sure that he'd appreciate any comments you may leave there too. We wish him the best... Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
He's off to a good start. I love the concept and have added the kink to my daily "comics" fix.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
FiatFan Wrote:He's off to a good start. I love the concept and have added the kink to my daily "comics" fix.

Tom

Thanks, that's just about the first thing I do every morning when I hit the computer, it's nice to see that someone else does the same thing. Big Grin Flatt Bear is now on my list of cartoon links too... Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yeah....looks good ! Now that I don't get the paper any more , comics are a thing of the past . I was a huge fan od Wizard of Id .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Yeah....looks good ! Now that I don't get the paper any more , comics are a thing of the past . I was a huge fan od Wizard of Id .

T

Who isn't? Thumbsup
Thanks for the shout-out! This has been a dream of mine for the past 20 or so years. Thanks to the internet and all the available software, I can now get myself out there much easily. Keep tuning in folks, should be fun times ahead. Thumbsup
------------------------------------
Creator of the comic Flatt Bear.
A comic about... well... a bear

Flatt Bear
MountainMan Wrote:
teejay Wrote:Yeah....looks good ! Now that I don't get the paper any more , comics are a thing of the past . I was a huge fan od Wizard of Id .

T

Who isn't? Thumbsup
Ask and ye shall receive.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/wizardofid/">http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/wizardofid/</a><!-- m -->

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
"Frammin' on the jim jam , frippin' in the Krotz " ......always loved that line Goldth Goldth

T
I'll have to keep an eye on that Bear Wink
I still miss Pogo.....then again, life can be a comic strip more often than not. :o Smile 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
B.C was my other must read .

T
Big fan of Calvin and Hobbes. Brilliantly written and the artwork makes me weep.
------------------------------------
Creator of the comic Flatt Bear.
A comic about... well... a bear

Flatt Bear
I have a string of them including, "the Wizard of Id", "Broom Hilda", "Frank & Ernest", "Big Nate", "Sherman's Lagoon" and even "Ziggy". All-in-all, I've got a total of at least 15 that I read every morning. Every one of them had appeared in our local Phoenix newspaper at one time or another. About 20 years ago, the afternoon newspaper merged with the morning paper, and we had almost three full pages of daily comics. One day they decided we only needed two pages and so they dropped a bunch and made some smaller. A few weeks ago they decided again the we couldn't handle that many comics and so they now have only a little over one page. I wrote them a note a few years ago when they cut the Sunday comics from six to four pages because "they needed the space", then cut the size of most of the remaining comics to fit... Well, all except "Doonsberry", which I never read anyway Nope . I asked them why they didn't remove a few pages from the sports section instead, but they never gave me an answer. :cry:

I don't know how these cartoonists make a living with this trend, but I'm guessing that in a few years, they'll have one page of comics but it will just be "Doonsberry" since he would still insist that his strip remain the original size. 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
That's excellent! I've always had a great admiration for cartoonists and wished I could do it myself. I've dabbled a bit to entertain friends but never came close to doing something like Flatt Bear. Very cool! Congratulations! Thumbsup
Great Stuff Packey!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

I have a few favs too: Wizard of ID, Non Sequitur and Dilbert. I still miss The Far Side and Outland though Sad Sad The Far Side was my all time favorite tied with Peanuts Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I must have had a " senior moment " Nope ...forgot about Far Side ...great stuff.

T