computer
I'm 63 years young, & I use Linux, 'antiX' Linux to be precise, no viruses or malware on my machines.
If you are interested, visit <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page">http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page</a><!-- m --> for a look.
These will run 'live' from a pendrive or CD, so you can try them without touching your installed Operating System.
There are plenty of other versions (distros) of Linux, & they are all absolutely free to use, as are all the programs.
If a joke is really that funny I figure my friends will tell me themselves. Pretty much everything with an attachment that I'm not expecting goes into the trash.
railohio Wrote:Pretty much everything with an attachment that I'm not expecting goes into the trash.

It's one thing , when a friend sends an email that has an "attachment" that he or she meant to "attach". It's quite another when one is present in an email that comes from an "unknown".

I won't open "attachments" until I have verified that it was intended by the sender. ( a questioning email, or a phone call )
I would rather delete a friend's email, than open Nope a "Bucket Of Worms"......... uh, Viruses. Eek Wink

I've been using XP for a while now and like it.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I've had so many medical problems I forgot that I had left this thread hanging. The old,old XP my wife had was all virused up, and so was my Vista. I ended up with an outstanding buy on a Vista for her (happy, happy, happy), and a local shop put Malwarebytes and AVG, on hers and mine, and rejuvenated my Vista, all for $95. Everything is running like a dream since. I sure thank everybody for their help, especially CharlieB, that I kept on the phone for hours at a time.

The wife liked the XP real well, but it was speeded up to its absolute capacity, from a snail to turtle speed. There is a guy a few blocks away that rebuilds computers and gives them to WOUNDED WARRIORS. I have already rounded up 3-4 for him, plus a lot of parts. So I already know where the 2 I've ditched are going.

Thanks again for all the help

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx