House move means space!
The plunge has been taken and we (myself and my girlfriend) are buying house in the near future (with any luck), so that means a space in which to build a layout (space in UK terms that is).

So what else is there to do but speculate and plan!

Scale will be HO
Period is last 10 years
Theme - secondary line in Northern Maine owned by a as yet to be determined free lanced short line

I am really trying to stick to the less is more approach for this layout.

[Image: NorthernmaineHO_zpsaeac0c00.jpg]
Made a slight change and extended the run around slightly:

[Image: Spareroomlayoutv11_zps63baf369.png]
Interesting little plan. The yard is reminescent of Calais, ME. I guess you've seen the australian Guilford layout?

With simple track plan like that, I think it's useful to work on scene composition. Since you have yet moved into the new house, I think it could be a good idea to print it in a workable scale and mock up scenes to see how everything hold together.

Good luck with your project!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Good looking plan ...go for it !

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Thinking about it I wonder if a feed mill is going to provide enough interest interns of switching? The pulpwood loading a is a given, I have a bit of thing for the logging industry.

Would some sort of multi spot industry, like the packaging factory featured on Jack Hills blog be better where the cars need to be moved into the correct order to be spotted?

In my mind a feed mill would a pull empties and spot loads operation, where the whole train is pulled and spotted in one go.

Happy to be corrected on the above point.
Assuming your feed mill would be on the production end of things I can see several types of cars switched in and out. Covered hoppers for grain delivery.Maybe even for shipment out if company is producing feed for another company.Box cars of shipping materials (bags-boxes-etc) ocasional flat car with new machinery for the manufacturing process,tank cars for any liquids used in the process of manufacturing the feed.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I have come up with another plan that utilises a layout that I started a while back and is in the loft (attic) so I thought I would produce a plan that incorporates it.

[Image: spareroomwithexsisting_zpsa2bfe74f.png]

It is pretty much a copy of the plan by Jack Hill from his fantastic blog, I have replaced the tile factory with a lumber mill and said the transload would be for soda ash and cement.