Trains on this day in the past:
January 19, 1978. An eastbound manifest led by former PennCentral GP38 at East Palestine, Ohio.     Charlie
CSX Q419 makes it way over the Delair Bridge at Pennsauken, NJ on 1/19/17.

Bruce

Back in the past, January 20, 1978 when we were told it would snow and it did. Amtrak didn't shut down either. With our so far no show blizzard of 2019 we have less than an inch of snow but could get some overnight. The maximum predicted was 10 inches and the Lake Shore limited as well as the Capitol and Pennsylvanian trains were all canceled. Now keep in mind the rail head is 6 inches up and the minimum clearance on the pilot is 2.5 inches, and the first wheel set is the one that knocks the snow off the rail. IMHO we have idiots running Amtrak.          Charlie
20/01/2016---three different locations on this day

1/21/1978 Westbound at Summit Cut.      Charlie
Great shot Charlie---Summit Cut is one of my favourite scenes,especially in the snow
Two years ago, East Palestine, Ohio     Charlie
Winchester and Western at Millville, NJ on Jan. 22, 2015,

Bruce

1/23/1977 Westbound at Pleasant Drive, East Palestine, Ohio The water tower was for the sprinkling system at the Kenmar manufacturing plant, quality furniture. It has been closed for 30 years.     
Charlie
1/24/1978, The temperature was 12 degrees F and the wind was 5 MPH. Amtrak 41, the Broadway Limited was 9 hours late but it was still operating. East Palestine, Ohio      Charlie
No snow here when Atlantic Electric took delivery of a transformer at the Shore Fast Line team track in Winslow, NJ, Jan. 1990.

Bruce

I dunno, Bruce....I think that they shoulda brought a bigger truck if they were planning on picking it up.

Wayne
25/01/2017

Four years ago at CP Enon, Enon Valley, Pa.     Charlie
41 years ago, Amtrak train 41, the Broadway Limited. Here is the train on it's westward journey, still trying though 8 hours late. More details of the Blizzard of '78 here. https://www.weather.gov/cle/event_78blizzard_30year      6 hours later, the train was towed back to Pittsburgh, the track to the west was impassable.     
Stay warm today
Charlie