Trains on this day in the past:
Westbound at New Waterford, Ohio. July, 1977     
Charlie
Eastbound at New Waterford, Ohio July, 1977.     
Charlie
Conrail's CSAO CA-11 at Bridgeport, NJ, July, 2015.

Bruce

Westbound truck train passing Kenmar Manufacturing, a furniture company.  MP 49, East Palestine, Ohio July, 1978.     Charlie
Eastbound through East Palestine, Ohio. July, 1978.     
Charlie
Wimpey Materials GE B30-7 7815 at Camden, NJ, 7/14/14.

Bruce

Going west through Summit Cut. Big Beaver, Pa. MP 37     
Charlie
Dear Ann
        I am having trouble getting my decals to stick. Do you think the surface may be too dirty?  Greetree Pa, Rook Yard July, 1978    
Charlie
July 1978, ALCo C 430 Collingwood, Ohio shops.    
 Charlie
7/17/2015---CN Stuart Yard

July, 1978. West Pittsburgh, Pa just east of the New Castle, Pa Yard. Westbound on the P&W     Charlie
Today's offering is an insulated box car taken in July, 1978. The water tower in the back ground was for Kenmar Furniture Company and was used for the fire sprinkling system for the plant. East Palestine, Ohio     
Charlie
July, 1977 New Castle, Pa. Some folks say this was the first locomotive in the second generation of diesel motive power. I like the looks of these brutes but not everyone shares my opinion.      
Charlie
(07-20-2022, 07:03 AM)Charlie B Wrote: ...I like the looks of these brutes but not everyone shares my opinion.  
Charlie

Yeah, I'm one of the naysayers...those diesels always reminded me of '58 Chevies.  I much preferred the looks of what ALCo  and MLW were offering at that time.  I will concede, though, that it looks a lot better than EMD's BL2.

Wayne
Here is a wayside phone box that was along the old Erie line in Brier Hill, (Youngstown), Ohio July 1978. It is something different.     
Charlie