Trains on this day in the past:
Celebrating Canada Day 7/1/2015.

In honor of Canada. July, 1977. Rochester, Pa.     
Charlie
7/2/2020---Kinnear Yard

July, 1977 Westbound at East Palestine, Ohio     Charlie
Light power sitting at the Kiski Junction Railroad on 7-2-2015.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Amtrak train 41 at New Waterford, Ohio. about 6 hours late. July, 1978     
Charlie
July 4, 1915. On the "diamond" in East Liverpool, Ohio.      
Charlie
VERY cool, Charlie. Thanks for posting it.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Charlie: Is there a story behind that photo? I'm not sure what the two streetcars are doing, and there seem to be two fire trucks and a crowd looking in the other direction.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
7/5/2016---CN Stuart Yard

(07-04-2023, 07:48 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Charlie: Is there a story behind that photo?  I'm not sure what the two streetcars are doing, and there seem to be two fire trucks and a crowd looking in the other direction.

OK David, This is my version of what I see.  It s the 4th of July and the Parade probably started at 11 Am. Now the parade is over and the local politicians have said their speeches on the Diamond, the crowd is gathering to go to Rocks Spring Park to enjoy the day. 
The street car on the right is an interurban car from the Youngstown and Ohio River Railroad and is discharging passengers at the railroads southern terminus that will board the Chester and East Liverpool Street Railway car(s)     bound for Rock Springs Park which is just across the river in Chester, WV for a day of amusement rides and follow it with an evening of dancing in the ballroom.    
Charlie .
Westbound at New Waterford, Ohio. July, 1977

Charlie
Thanks, Charlie.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Westbound at East Palestine. July, 1977.

Charlie
Winchester and Western at Millville, NJ, 7/7/09.

Bruce