Trains on this day in the past:
I dunno, Ed, but that looks like a kitbash that went wrong at an early stage, and continued to go downhill as the builder thought of new things to add-on.   Crazy

Wayne
(05-28-2020, 10:23 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: I dunno, Ed, but that looks like a kitbash that went wrong at an early stage, and continued to go downhill as the builder thought of new things to add-on.   Crazy

Wayne

You're right on Doc---that GP20ECO reminds me of a CN GMD1's ugly sister

[Image: 49673744231_7e6c9f9f31_k.jpg]P1390783 (2) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Some action at Rochester, Pa. May 29, 1977.    
 Charlie
Today I will share one taken by my uncle in May, 1958 at the Horseshoe Curve.      Charlie
WOW! Just spectacular! Thanks for sharing that. That's what a real train should look like, not the homogenized versions we have today.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
2 years ago already. May 31, 2018 at Mckinley Road 2 miles east of New Galilee, Pa.     Charlie
Eek ...... Icon_e_surprised  .....Best pic EVER! , Charlie Applause Applause Applause Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
This is my favourite thread on BigBlue---thanks to all the great contributors.
Spreading ballast, June 1, 1998 on the Kiski Junction. I was running the locomotive. The contractor was trying to keep the door open partially with a come along so it would come out slow. Note the tie in front of the rear wheels which would slide and smooth out the ballast. One of 2 times we had a contractor do any track work and even with the grants, we did labor to cover our portion of the cost.       Charlie
6/1/2014---Bayview

6/2/2013 at Enon Valley, Pa.      Charlie
6/2/2018---CN421 eastbound through Hamilton

Conrail's Pavonia Yard, Camden, NJ, June 1990.

Bruce

The linage is aparent on this lead locomotive westbound at Highland Cut June 3, 1977.     Charlie
A pair of new GP40-2 locomotives lead this eastbound manifest at Hammondsville, Ohio June, 1977     Charlie