Fast delivery
Fedex has developed either wormhole technology or has a transporter as found on Star Trek. Check out the transit time between Indianapolis and Des Moines.

[Image: fast.jpg]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Well, I can say for sure I don't like being on the same highway with a FED-Ex truck. I know not all of their drivers drive like idiots, but I have encountered quite a few that do, especially the ones pulling doubles on the turnpikes.
Charlie
Saturday Night Live had one of their "spoof" commercials many years ago that was for Einstien Courier - using the latest science and theory of relativity. "For when it absolutely has to be there the day before yesterday". Wink Big Grin

It sure would be cool, but in this case I'm thinking there is a time zone difference at work here?

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:Saturday Night Live had one of their "spoof" commercials many years ago that was for Einstien Courier - using the latest science and theory of relativity. "For when it absolutely has to be there the day before yesterday". Wink Big Grin

It sure would be cool, but in this case I'm thinking there is a time zone difference at work here?

Andrew
The distance is over 400 miles, and the time zone is the Ohio, Indiana border. Maybe the package was placed on an Air Force Jet, but I would rather believe it is their tracking information that is in err. I have seen this kind of wacky tracking from Fed Ex before. I would be inclined to think the package never went to Indianapolis, and when you study on it, why would it?
On most maps it looks like Indianapolis is in the Eastern time zone, which would make a 1 hour difference to Iowa. That gives it 2 hours to get there (5:28am - 7:42am Eastern) then subtract 1 hour to switch to Des Moines time. Doable? Maybe.

It's sort of the same thing here in Canada. You can fly Toronto to Vancouver, which is a 5 hour flight, but get there only two hours later. Seriously messes with your internal clock!

Andrew
DHL Express notified me on Sunday 12/1 that they got (past tense!) on Tuesday 12/3 the electronic shipping information data from Trainworld.
My intellectual capacity was completely exhausted understanding that information..... Confusedhock:

ps. They did actually ship on Monday and the parcel departed from NYC an hour ago heading east over the great pond now (15:52h CET).
Reinhard
Oh , my mistake .....I saw the " fast delivery " and was going to order a pizza Icon_lol

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.