Anyone Have SNOW ...for Christmas ?
It's been kind of a strange winter in this part of the Great White North ........less than 1/2 inch the other day and that's been it . My neighbour cut his lawn a couple of days ago ! So it's shaping up to be a green Christmas here judging by the long range forecast . Eek

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
We're supposed to have 2-4 inches of snow today with the forecast through Saturday remaining below freezing. Don't know for sure what the next two weeks will bring.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Yep. Five inches fell Wednesday.
We had about 25cm in Ottawa at the end of November. Despite an 8°C day last week with rain, most of it is still here. Some more in the forecast this week.

Andrew
I guess I spoke too soon ...darned if it isn't snowing here ...go figure !

T
Don't hog it all T; we bought snow tires this year.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
The snow here in New Jersey was really bad last night. We actually had an open house on our train club, and we opened just as the snow began to fell. The snow was sorta downplayed on the radio, and it was only when I was leaving did I see how bad it really got. The the main heavily traveled roads were completely unplowed and un-salted, and it was a scary drive home from the club. I really should have left earlier, and some of the guys from my club seemed like they were going to be there for a while longer!

It rained today, but not enough to clear the ground, and now I hear it will snow some more! Its gonna be nuts.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Yeah , the eastern border is supposed to get nailed again ...our little snow squall yesterday was short-lived ....maybe 1/2 inch but just enough to keep the tow trucks and body shops happy .

T
Here, today, in the far North suburbs of Chicago, there's about 5 inches of depth on the ground.
It's " Do it slowly and gently time again " Smile Smile Smile Wink at least for those of us who have lived long enough to have some serious experience with driving on snow.
Those that haven't.......will learn Wink Hopefully not "the hard way" :o Wink Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
First real storm hit Quebec yesterday, about 20 cm. I had a nice workout session shoveling it. Maybe I'm wrong, but feels like the temperature is quite cold for ealy December in Eastern Canada.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Yeah , Matt , pretty "nippy" for our area ....-9 C and windy ......very un-December like .

T
Still have snow and freezing temperatures since this all started over a week ago. Snow for Christmas? Who knows - that's two whole weeks away and a lot can happen in Colorado in two weeks. 8-)
If we want snow for Christmas we either have to have them truck it in, or we drove 2-3 hours north to visit it. People around here do both. Every year they bring down tons of snow and dump it in a park for the kids to play in, and a bunch will go up north every year where the adults like to play on the ski slopes. Big Grin So basically, we only have snow when someone wants to play in it.... Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I never dream of a white Christmas because I no longer care for winter especially snow.

My old bones don't like the cold nor would they care much for a sudden fall.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
No snow here....Currently a balmy 80 deg. outside.... 357

We did have a spattering of snow last winter...Lasted about 3 hours on the ground...
Gus (LC&P).