A hole in the wall X4 - a liftout bridge (page 12)
Hmmmm, that's a good idea. I'll have to chew on that one and play with it to see how it works into the big picture. Thanks!
Not a lot of progress today but still, some. In the first picture, you can see that I cut the backdrop around the light switch. I also cut tunnel openings through the backdrop.
[Image: Picture001lowres-1.jpg]

In the next one, you can see a sort of eyeball circular shape on the backdrop. Since my double mainline passes through a dead zone in between the two backdrops, I needed some way to access it. I did not want to cut a square in there as you don't see perfect squares in the sky very often so I opted for an irregular round shape instead. I then framed behind it and I've been trying to find some magnetic cabinet latches to screw on the back so when I need to remove it, I can just pull a little and it should pop right off. Unfortunately, I had this idea tonight (Sunday) after everybody closed up for the weekend so no luck there for now. I'll probably fill in the screw heads with plaster and then paint over them.
[Image: Picture002lowres.jpg][Image: Picture003lowres-1.jpg]

And finally, nothing exciting, just the tunnel cuts on the other side... oh, and another piece of blue foam. I still have to pull that piece of backdrop back off one more time as I forgot to counter sink the screws.
[Image: Picture004lowres-1.jpg]
Progress.

[Image: zPicture0421lowres.jpg]

[Image: zPicture045lowres.jpg]

[Image: zPicture046lowres.jpg]

[Image: zPicture047lowres.jpg]

[Image: zPicture048lowres.jpg]

[Image: zPicture054lowres.jpg]

[Image: zPicture055lowres.jpg]
very cool... It looks like my layout "a see of blue foam."
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Thanks for the update. That is some first-rate craftsmanship.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Cheers Cheers That's great work..!! I guess that's the result of all your planning and some very nimble fingers/hands... Gotta keep that in mind.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks guys! Right now the terrain looks pretty agressive but I'm sure as soon as I start sanding down the corners and stuff that it will tame down.
In this case, aggressive is good, methinks! Don't tone it down TOO much. Great shot under the bridges, looking around the bend. Nice.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
In the fourth and fifth picture UP, I want to put in a quarry of some kind and need to do some research as to how it will look. I've got the track plan figured out but not sure of "the look" I'm going for.

In the picture directly above, I've got room for a rather large industry in the bottom right corner of the yard but have still drawn a blank as to what will go there. I don't want anything as dominating as the new steel mill structures but something larger than usual. Perhaps a refinery or something.

[Image: Fueltransferfacility02.jpg]

[Image: cementplant01.jpg]

[Image: Fueltransferfacility01.jpg]
Been working on some projects lately...
needed a bridge right here...
[Image: Bridge02lowres.jpg]

[Image: Bridge03lowres.jpg]

[Image: Bridgelowres.jpg]

Had to remember how I used to carve rock out of foam. Rock tunnel portal...

[Image: BigLake2009004.jpg]

[Image: BigLake2009015.jpg]

The more I look at this, the more I think I can do better. It will probably get cut out and I will make another attempt soon.

This bunch of foams next to be turned into rocks....

[Image: BigLake2009013.jpg]

Finally, at last I found a suitable "entrance" for my sub station... a work in progress... actually, I just stuck the facade there and have not had a chance to do much else to it... YET.

[Image: BigLake2009010.jpg]
Looks good. That bridge just needs a weathered gray wash to look perfect!
Looking real nice..... Thumbsup Did you finally decide to go with a second level..??? That's yet to come, I suppose....
Gus (LC&P).
For now, I've got my hands full with the lower level. But, every so often, I find myself thinking about the second level. I imagine, at this point, I won't start on the second level until the first one is well under way. No sense having two unfinished projects stacked on top of each other!
Wow that looks great!
Thank you Cowboy and good to see you here. Welcome to The Gauge.
For those that don't know, Cowboy is my father in law. He's a paper modeler at heart but signed on here at my request! Perhaps we can get him into trains too!