Poll: Where would you like to hold our day trip for Big Blue members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jim Thorpe, Pa.
35.71%
5 35.71%
Steamtown, Scranton, Pa.
50.00%
7 50.00%
Strasburg, Pa.
14.29%
2 14.29%
Other (please specify in a separate post in this thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Day trip for Gauge members
It was great!! Ride home was a bit tough - hit T-storms and had to pull over and wait - since I couldnt see Nope Eek Nope

here is all of us in front of a turntable Big Grin Big Grin
w8jy, doctorwayne, CN Nutbar, e-paw & son, ngauger, green_elite_cab, tomustang
Engine: CN 3254

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:It was great!! Ride home was a bit tough - hit T-storms and had to pull over and wait - since I couldnt see Nope Eek Nope

here is all of us in front of an engine!!
Glad you all had a good time. Any chance of ID'ing all those in the picture?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I added the names to the pic above Big Grin Big Grin

still trying to get my mind organized from the onslaught of acquired information, and the great compliments I received about our forum here. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
To say I learned a lot would be an understatement, to say thanks for all the good wishes that were expressed toward myself, Don & the forum, would never come close....

I made sure to tell everyone that attended: (especally e-paw)

Don & I have decided to try to make this an annual gathering, alternate years on the East Coast and West Coast.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I think I've seen some of those faces before...Can't remember where though....

Oh Yeah! Now I remember.....Wanted posters in the post office!

Just kidding. Glad you guys had a good time.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
hey! Looks like fun!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
ngauger Wrote:It was great!! Ride home was a bit tough - hit T-storms and had to pull over and wait - since I couldnt see Nope Eek Nope

here is all of us in front of a turntable Big Grin Big Grin
w8jy, doctorwayne, CN Nutbar, e-paw & son, ngauger, green_elite_cab, tomustang
Engine: CN 3254

Yeah, i drove right through the back of the storms, clear through to the other side. I was dead when i got home! unfortunately, the storms were moving my direction the entire time, and it only let up about ten minutes from my home. I never want to have to drive that far in one sitting ever again, lol!

that said, it was worth it. On the way there, i managed to spot a couple Silverliner IVs on the Northeast Corridor, and an AEM7 on the way back on the same. also caught most of an NS freight getting closer to Philadelphia. I loved the scenery both driving to and at Steam town. gotta love those big windmills and rock formations on I476. the museum itself managed to keep me occupied. To be honest, Steam never captures my attention until yesterday, simply because most working steam engines I'd seen were small compared to the ones at Steamtown. They also had a tun of the the greats, like the Big Boy, and a bunch of unusual stuff, like DL&W multiple unit cars, which are right up my alley. There were also a TON of Alcos. I'd never really seen Alcos, other than two out by Lake George, NY, but they were small. The Local railroad had a couple of the big Century series and MLW stuff, as well as some RS1/3s, an RS32, and a smaller Alco Century i have not identified yet.

It looked like there was a lot to do out there besides steam town, i wish i had some more time!

finally, on the way back, i found the Golden Hostess Cupcakes. this seems like an odd thing to highlight (but I'm an odd person...) but these were my favorite cupcakes when i was really young, like 7 or 8. there were only out for a couple months, and then i never saw them ever again. I literally ALWAYS check the aisle of any place that sells hostess cakes and for the past 12 years or so, i never found them. That is until yesterday! now the only problem is I'm afraid to eat them!

eightyeightfan1 Wrote:I think I've seen some of those faces before...Can't remember where though....

Oh Yeah! Now I remember.....Wanted posters in the post office!

Just kidding. Glad you guys had a good time.

uh oh, you're on to me! I knew i should have worn a fake mustache....
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Picture Caption Contest:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1458&start=0">viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1458&start=0</a><!-- l -->

Mister Ranger's Tour
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

glad to hear/see you all had fun! lifes to short not too.

todd
Had a great time, and it sure was nice to meet the other members of the group! We really couldn't have found a nicer group of people to spend a day with, and it is nice to be able to match some faces up to the names.

I took a lot of pictures, but won't be able to post anything until I get home in about 10 days or so. We went from Scranton to Baltimore to visit our son and grandkids.

I am enjoying looking at the pictures that have been posted by members of the group - just remember, if that final picture cracked your camera lens - you were warned!
Jess

President and Janitor of the Arenac & Southern RR
What more could you ask for---great people and CNR steam Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

[Image: 2009penn1228.jpg]

[Image: 2009penn1188.jpg]

[Image: 2009penn1197.jpg]

[Image: 2009penn1211.jpg]
WOW! That's nice!!

Did you get to ride?

Andrew
Well, it turned out a bit of okay, eh! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet all of you, but I had a great time, anyway!!! Will post more comments tomorrow, if I can get out of bed!!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
MasonJar Wrote:WOW! That's nice!!

Did you get to ride?

Andrew

yeah - it a decent ride across the yard.. Smile Just enough to give you the thrill of riding behind a steam engine Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

sgtcarl1 Wrote:Well, it turned out a bit of okay, eh! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet all of you, but I had a great time, anyway!!! Will post more comments tomorrow, if I can get out of bed!!!
Glad you are safe Carl. I'll bet you are worn out.
Glad everyone is home safe.
Charlie
It was great to be able to get together with fellow Gaugers and made for another enjoyable stop on our six day tour of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. Maybe we'll see some more of you next year at the western "day trip". Wink Goldth

Wayne