Poll: Where would you like to hold our day trip for Big Blue members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jim Thorpe, Pa.
35.71%
5 35.71%
Steamtown, Scranton, Pa.
50.00%
7 50.00%
Strasburg, Pa.
14.29%
2 14.29%
Other (please specify in a separate post in this thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Day trip for Gauge members
Possible places to eat: (From Google)

Eddie K's Italian Restaurant‎
1112 Wheeler Ave, Scranton, PA‎ - (570) 969-0640‎

Mother's Table‎
117 Penn Ave, Scranton, PA‎ - (570) 969-0260‎
Category: Restaurant Delicatessens
One of my favorites in Scranton‎ - M. R.‎ - Apr 13, 2008
This is one of my favorite places for lunch. The menu is extensive and offers many fine lunch and dinner choices. The best part of this restaurant is the complimentary pasta salad ...‎

Molly Brannigans (A block away from the mall)
101 Adams Ave
Scranton, PA 18503
(570) 496-0220‎

They have great food here and the atmosphere is nice. It's a great place to come if you're visiting Scranton as well a regular eatery for locals. Highly recommend it however the service could be improoved a little bit.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Steamtown it is ... I am glad to see that others have jumped in and put up some suggestions, I tried to keep quiet until after the voting. I don't know what the time the parking lot at the mall opens but the Reading T-1 in the parking lot is another good spot to meet, you can't miss it...
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
If the Mall (and presumably its parking lot, too) doesn't open 'til 10:00, any of us "early arrivees" could zip into the Steamtown parking lot - there are several locomotives on display around the perimeter of the lot, and IIRC, parking is free. We could have a "tailgate breakfast", although I don't think that the Parks Service would like us drinking beer in their parking lot. Misngth Icon_lol

Wayne
e-paw Wrote:Steamtown it is ... I am glad to see that others have jumped in and put up some suggestions, I tried to keep quiet until after the voting. I don't know what the time the parking lot at the mall opens but the Reading T-1 in the parking lot is another good spot to meet, you can't miss it...

Steve, to my eye, that T-1 looms larger than Big Boy (which is along the opposite side of the lot) - hard to believe that it started life as a Consolidation! Eek

I don't recall a gate on the access road into the Steamtown parking area (although sometimes I don't recall my own name) 35 , but if they throw us out at 5:00PM, surely they'd let us drive out of their lot. :?: Goldth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:If the Mall (and presumably its parking lot, too) doesn't open 'til 10:00, any of us "early arrivees" could zip into the Steamtown parking lot - there are several locomotives on display around the perimeter of the lot, and IIRC, parking is free. We could have a "tailgate breakfast", although I don't think that the Parks Service would like us drinking beer in their parking lot. Misngth Icon_lol

Wayne
It doesnt look like there are any restrictions on the parking. i know that the lots around here are open early for security and the other employees to arrive and park. There shoudn't be a problem parking there early.. But Big Grin yeah - parking in steamtown first, then maybe moving the cars to the mall would be another idea Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

doctorwayne Wrote:I don't recall a gate on the access road into the Steamtown parking area (although sometimes I don't recall my own name) 35 , but if they throw us out at 5:00PM, surely they'd let us drive out of their lot. :?: Goldth

Wayne
It is gated, and the signs stricky state if you car is in the lot after 5pm it stays there
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:I don't recall a gate on the access road into the Steamtown parking area (although sometimes I don't recall my own name) 35 , but if they throw us out at 5:00PM, surely they'd let us drive out of their lot. :?: Goldth

Wayne
It is gated, and the signs stricky state if you car is in the lot after 5pm it stays there
Ok - so what do you know about the mall at 9:00 am? Goldth

Can we safely get in there to meet on that garage that early?
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

oh boy, i forogt about this trip, and i've been meaning to go out to steamtown one of these days. I'll have to see about heading out next week!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Any suggestions as to where to stay near there?
Jess

President and Janitor of the Arenac & Southern RR
w8jy Wrote:Any suggestions as to where to stay near there?
I just googled scranton, pa then searched... How about this link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&q=scranton+pa+motel&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1">http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=u ... oq=&aqi=g1</a><!-- m -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

You can get a room at the old DL+W station (I believe it's a Sheraton now) next to steam town. I spent a night there some time ago and was very happy with the place.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I think either a dinner the previous night or breakfast on the 13th, is a great idea. It would give us all a time to chat, and get to know each other a bit. I've never met any of you all, and would like to hear some of your stories! Icon_lol Wherever we decide, we'd be very appreciative if it were a non-smoking restaurant.
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
ngauger Wrote:Ok - so what do you know about the mall at 9:00 am? Goldth

Can we safely get in there to meet on that garage that early?

Don't know, after Steamtown we drove around Scranton looking for the hobby shops that were listed online, and they were all shut down Curse
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Just thinking of a Just-in-case,....................

Should we get a list of everyone's cel phone numbers for next week???

PM them to me and I'll make a list and PM the list back to everyone......
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Official "Meet" ID badges anyone???????

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75