Anyone else ready for baseball!?!!
[Image: 009_zpsae9e4c68.jpg]

It has been a loooooonnnnng winter!

Anyone else more than ready for America's Pastime?!!?

Ralph (planning to take the day off to watch the Mets opener on TV March 31st)
I like your ball field Ralph! Thumbsup I have pretty much given up on real baseball (too slow, too much greed, too much cheating, too much ........) that said I love the game itself and play Baseball Mogul on my computer all the time. My franchise is in it's 11th year (of game time, about 3 years of real time Goldth ) and has won 3 WS so far. Misngth Yeah I know, I need to get a life and spend less time playing computer games and playing with trains! Nope Nope Nope
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
It's going to be a rough year to be a Yankees fan. The Mets made a great pick up with Granderson in their lineup. Once they bolster their bullpen, they will be a serious contender. I love the ball field scene on your layout. Thumbsup
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
What's a baseball? :o

Icon_lol
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:What's a baseball? :o

Icon_lol
It's a small white ball that two teams of 11 men on skates try to get in 18 holes placed on "greens".
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
"It's a small white ball that two teams of 11 men on skates try to get in 18 holes placed on "greens"."

However they have to do this while trying to avoid throwing a gutter ball. But if they do they can make up for it by kicking a field goal are shooting a three pointer. Icon_lol
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:"It's a small white ball that two teams of 11 men on skates try to get in 18 holes placed on "greens"."

However they have to do this while trying to avoid throwing a gutter ball. But if they do they can make up for it by kicking a field goal are shooting a three pointer. Icon_lol

Don't forget the rule that allows them to hit the ball with one of those hand-held things with a lot of strings on them as long as they're close to the net. They can also use one of those long wooden cue sticks to push the ball into a pocket in order to score points.

You do realize how complicated this game can get with all these rules? 35 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
You guys forgot about throwing the ball at an opposite team member forcing him to leave the ice rink.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
Double point bonus for the guy riding the Quidditch Broom. Most important, three of a kind beats a pair.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Yeah, and there was the play of all plays where this little boy got on his knees and flipped the little glass ball past that guy with the big stick and ugly mask on, to score the winning run. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
And this my friends is what happens to a thread that is on drugs ! Icon_lol
Mike

ezdays Wrote:
Tyson Rayles Wrote:"It's a small white ball that two teams of 11 men on skates try to get in 18 holes placed on "greens"."

Don't forget the rule that allows them to hit the ball with one of those hand-held things with a lot of strings on them as long as they're close to the net. They can also use one of those long wooden cue sticks to push the ball into a pocket in order to score points.

You do realize how complicated this game can get with all these rules? 35 35

And don't forget, if your ball is veering off course, teammates can use brooms to sweep it into proper position.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Tyson Rayles Wrote:And this my friends is what happens to a thread that is on drugs ! Icon_lol

No-no-no-noooooo. We are not hijacking or going off topic here, we are just looking for a definition of baseball. I found this in a notable and reliable dictionary:
  • Baseball {noun}(beys-bol) a game played using a hand-held paddle to which a rubber ball is connected to the paddle with a long rubber band. The object is that the player (batter) hits the ball with the paddle (hit) causing it to go out (fly ball) and spring back (throw to home plate) towards the paddle (catcher), and do this as many times as possible before missing the paddle (strike). The player counts the number of time the ball is hit (runs) and the one with the highest number wins the game. If there is only one player (roster), they are an automatic winner (default). An extremely dangerous sport that can result in a black eye if the player is not careful or proficient. Icon_lol
Please note all the correct baseball terms used here. 35 35

Oh, BTW Ralph, getting back on topic, neat baseball field you have there. I like the background structures as well. Good job... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Oh, BTW Ralph, getting back on topic, neat baseball field you have there. I like the background structures as well. Good job... Thumbsup Thumbsup

We went off topic?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Oh, BTW Ralph, getting back on topic, neat baseball field you have there. I like the background structures as well. Good job... Thumbsup Thumbsup

We went off topic?

Some people might think so. Around here, that's the norm, but we were always different anyway.... :hey: 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and