NY&A ISL
Quick update, I applied brick sheets to this building. I ordered some supplies to finish the loading dock just need to paint it and finish the roof. I think i'm going to make it a refrigerated warehouse and try to make those vinyl curtains to hang in the loading dock door.
[Image: 20140911_233022_zps1f61c307.jpg]
[Image: 20140911_233057_zps308b44d2.jpg]
Is that brick detail paper? Printed with comp and printer? Where did you get the top molding for the building?
Thanks
NSHO
I get my brick sheets from ebay, these particular ones are a little thicker than computer paper that I glue right to the styrene then cut the sheets to the outline of the styrene "wall" and cut out my window openings. I use ebay more than walthers or any other big name online train shop, there's people always making parts and products that those sites don't sell, it's a very useful resource. Go to the "HO Scale" category (or whichever scale you model) and type in brick or brick sheet and you'll get a list of products. Plastruct makes different brick and concrete block sheets also.

These are the ones I use
[Image: imagejpg1_zpsd92b5ea4.jpg]

As for the molding it's "cap tiles" made by Pikestuff part# 541-1008.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/541-1008">https://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/541-1008</a><!-- m -->
I made an over hang for this loading dock, it's a little shakey but it's only free standing. Once everything is painted it'll get glued in place. I also cut out the truck door just to add a bit more realism.
[Image: imagejpg5_zps6679a21c.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg4_zps0da060fe.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg3_zpse4df5b7d.jpg]

This building got windows and the bakery supplier got a loading door.
[Image: imagejpg1_zps0028a6da.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg2_zpsf912f25c.jpg]
Somebody has been a bit busy. :mrgreen: Looking good. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thanks Catt, trying to keep the momentum rolling.
Hi there,
looking great...fine scratchbuildingkeep it going Thumbsup

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
That building is becoming a great one. The over hang is a nice detail
Reinhard
I just used brick paper on a structure the first time this year. I liked the results. Your structures look great! Interesting lines. I like the covered loading dock very much. Thumbsup
I tried my luck with Heki grass mats, it took a bit of trial and error but I think the area I started is pretty convincing. I need to do some more blending but here's a couple pics at my attempts.
[Image: imagejpg1_zps11723f85.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg2_zpsabf2eab9.jpg]
Those patches look very good. It is also very realistic to keep some brown ground uncovered.
I had some problems to learn/to copy from Kurt to
- avoid patches of similar size. It should be really random
- take the time to prefer small patches
- avoid a false random pattern. I have a tendency to place patches in a none random 3-2-3 pattern.
- glue the edges of the patches really completely down. Failures to do so have an ugly black shadow.
Reinhard
Thanks for the tips Reinhard, definitely need to glue the edges down better. As far as the patterns go, that's the way they come on the sheet. I cut the whole sheet to fit in between the tracks, I didn't put them in any sort of order that's why I tried putting the brighter green tufts randomly in there then just sprinkled some dirt on top of the sheet at random and try to hide the edge of the sheet.
Hi there,
looking good and makes a big difference with some groundcover...

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Haven't gotten a whole lot done since my last post. I attempted to paint yellow lines on the street but the painters tape pulled up some of the black paint on the street, so that needs to get redone...again. I got some NJ International crossing signals. Not wired up yet until I figure out how to remove the lights from the mast and mount them to the overhead bridge. I ran some trains for a few minutes until I got annoyed at how many times I had to clean the tracks. I don't know how you room sized modelers keep up with that Wallbang .
A couple pics of the crossing.
[Image: imagejpg1_zps0dff5655.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg3_zpsc05eafbc.jpg]
Rscott417 Wrote:..... I don't know how you room sized modelers keep up with that Wallbang .....
We live in tiny rooms over here 357
Serious, don't forget to clean all car and engine wheels too. One general cleaning cycle of all tracks and wheels is better than lots of isolated cleaning actions.
Reinhard